[Ohio-Talk] Lyft codes

Jim Weiss jimweiss72 at icloud.com
Tue Apr 13 22:35:54 UTC 2021

Members,
I can only speak to Lyft service on the west side of Cleveland and nearby suburbs, but since the beginning of the year it has been very difficult to get a Lyft driver in a timely manner, if at all.  I usually take between 10 and 12 ride shares a week, and every time it seems to be a struggle.  It is not unusual to have to wait an extremely long time (more than 45 minutes) for a driver and you may be assigned many different drivers before actually getting picked up.  I have had to wait more than 2 hours for a pick up and this was the middle of the afternoon on a week day.  It is also very common that the app will say that there are very few drivers available especially in the lower priced vehicles or that there are no drivers available and the only option is the highest priced ride.  Last week I forked over $42 before tip (I was going about 2 miles) to get home, my other option was to walk.
Since these vaccination appointments require you to be there at a certain time I would allow plenty of time for travel and I would also have a backup plan, especially for the ride home.  On a side note Greater Cleveland RTA Paratransit is offering rides for free if you are getting your vaccination.
Jim Weiss
jimweiss72 at icloud.com