[Ohio-Talk] Parental Rights Legislation

Todd Elzey toddelzey at gmail.com
Wed Jun 23 00:54:17 UTC 2021

The Legislative Committee is pleased to announce that we now have an
official Senate bill number for our parental rights legislation. The bill
number is S.B. 202. S.B. 202 is sponsored by Senator Bob Hackett (R) from
District 10, and Senator Nickie Antonio (D) District 23. S.B. 202 is
currently co-sponsored by Senators Andrew Brenner, Jerry Cirino, Hearcel
Craig, Tina Maharath, Mark Romanchuk, and Kenny Yuko.

S.B. 202 is identical to H.B. 352. Of course, we need as many co-sponsors
to sign on to S.B. 202 as possible so that we can get it through the Senate
concurrently with H.B. 352. So if you do not see your Senator listed as a
co-sponsor of S.B. 352 please reach out to their office this week to ask
that they sign on as co-sponsors.

Please let Eric or I know if you have any questions regarding these bills
or the process.

Todd Elzey