[Ohio-Talk] IEP Discussions at Convention

Suzanne Turner smturner.234 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 24 02:19:57 UTC 2021

Announcement from Melissa Riccobono,

///

Hello everyone,

The NOPBC is trying something new during convention this year. We are
planning to have open IEP discussions on Friday, July 9 from 9:30-10:30 am,
and Saturday, July 10, from 10:30-11:30 am. In order for these discussions
to be successful, we would love your help with two things.

First of all, please circulate the following announcement to any parents in
your state who might be interested in providing topic suggestions.

The National Organization of Parents of Blind Children (NOPBC) is planning
something new for IEP discussions at this year's national convention. On
Friday, July 9 from 9:30-10:30 am, and Saturday, July 10, from 10:30-11:30
am, we are going to hold IEP discussion sessions with various breakout
rooms. In order to make these sessions a success, we need to hear from you!
What IEP topic would you be interested in discussing during one of these
sessions? What IEP questions would you like answered? Please send
suggestions to Melissa Riccobono at

MelissaARiccobono at gmail.com <mailto:MelissaARiccobono at gmail.com>

Please put "NOPBC IEP" in the subject of your email. We will do our best to
provide a breakout room to discuss your topic, and other related topics.
Thank you in advance for helping us learn what you would like to learn
during these sessions! We look forward to speaking with you soon.

The other thing we could use your help with is people to help in breakout
rooms. If you feel pretty confident about answering various IEP questions,
or passionate about a specific topic, please let me know by emailing me off
list. MelissaARiccobono at gmail.com <mailto:MelissaARiccobono at gmail.com>

Finally, if you'd like training in IEP advocacy let me know, as we may be
able to provide a breakout room about this topic during one or both of these
sessions, or perhaps hold other webinars about this after the convention.

Thanks so much in advance for your help!

Melissa

  _____