[Ohio-Talk] Attention! Attention! Please take note of the June pre-Convention Activities.

Suzanne Turner smturner.234 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 24 02:22:55 UTC 2021

<https://nfb.org/images/nfb/images/email/2021-convention-email-header-100.jp
g>

Plan Your Itinerary for NFB21: Attend Pre-Convention Activities & More

The National Federation of the Blind National Convention is around the
corner. We are stronger together: transforming and unifying our future.
Start planning your itinerary and attend pre-convention activities. Please
note: some sessions require appointment requests or separate registration.
We encourage you to share this information with chapter members who may not
receive emails.

For the full agenda in several formats, and more information including
resources for first-time attendees, please visit our convention page:
https://nfb.org/convention
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=21655&qid=5567164> .

June 24: Zoom Training with Vispero

Are you still not entirely comfortable with the Zoom platform? Get the most
out of your NFB21 convention experience. Learn about managing your Zoom
environment with actions like muting/unmuting, raising your hand,
interacting with in-session chat, silencing spoken notifications, and more.
Join Vispero this Thursday, June 24, at 3:00 p.m. eastern for a participant
training session on Zoom. Connect via Zoom https://zoom.us/j/99517297673
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=21773&qid=5593668>  or you may dial
in by calling 301-715-8592 and entering meeting ID 995 1729 7673. The
one-tap mobile link is +13017158592,,99517297673#.

June 29: Rookie Roundup

President Riccobono and Board of Directors Chairperson Pam Allen preview
convention activities and provide a historical perspective of the
organization and how it grew into the leading voice in the blindness field.
If you are new to the NFB, come learn a little more about our dynamic
organization and the extended family that could become your own. Join us
Tuesday, June 29, from 8:30 to 9:30 p.m. eastern. Connect via Zoom:
https://zoom.us/j/99605070015
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=21774&qid=5593668> . We cannot wait
to welcome you!

June 30: Feasting Together-Cooking and Cocktails

Attend this pre-convention activity to help prepare for the banquet on June
30 at 6:00 p.m. eastern via Zoom. Federationists Regina Mitchell and Hoby
Wedler will share a couple of recipes and give tips to having a successful
banquet dinner, no matter what your planned meal is. Please send your
planned menu or any cooking questions to communications at nfb.org
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=21788&qid=5593668> . Connect via
Zoom: https://zoom.us/j/9210693838
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=21775&qid=5593668> .

Legal Office Hours During Convention

Disability rights attorneys will be available to discuss blindness
discrimination concerns regarding employment, technology, education, voting,
and more. Legal office hours will be held on Tuesday, July 6, and Wednesday,
July 7, from 6:00-9:00 p.m. eastern. Schedule your private twenty-minute
appointment by emailing vyingling at nfb.org
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=21776&qid=5593668> .

Request Appointments with President Riccobono

The Presidential Suite is a place for attendees to connect with each other
and where President Riccobono meets with individuals and groups who request
appointments. Learn about the Presidential Suite, its schedule during the
2021 convention, and how to request appointments in the recent Braille
Monitor article, "Visit the Presidential Suite at the 2021 Convention
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=21512&qid=5507160> ."

Reminders

*     Career Fair pre-registration
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=21777&qid=5593668>  deadline is June
26.

*     Purchase tickets for the One Voice: #StrongerTogether #NFB21 Concert
at nfb.org/concert <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=21789&qid=5593668>
.

*     Tell us you're hosting a banquet party
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=21666&qid=5567164>  by June 30.