[Ohio-Talk] RAINN Climate Survey

Maggie Stringer ravensfan784 at gmail.com
Tue May 4 15:47:07 UTC 2021

For those that missed the initial email with the Climate Survey
information, it is pasted below. Thank you for the reminder, Barbara!

The National Federation of the Blind: RAINN's 2021 Climate Assessment Survey
Introduction to the Survey
Purpose and Survey Background
As part of RAINN's ongoing partnership with the National Federation of
the Blind (NFB), RAINN is conducting a Climate Assessment to gather
feedback on NFB community members' experiences related to sexual
misconduct within the NFB community. The most important part of the
Climate Assessment is this anonymous survey, which is being made
available to all of the NFB's community members.

The anonymous responses submitted electronically will go directly to
RAINN and will not be shared directly with the NFB leadership. The
anonymous responses submitted via the telephone system will be
collected by the independent contractor who built the telephone
system, who will then pass them along to RAINN without any review or
interpretation. The NFB leadership will only receive summarized
results, after RAINN has analyzed the data. No identifying information
will be collected, and RAINN will not cross-reference the data in any
way that could lead to someone's identity being revealed or linked to
their responses.

This survey will serve as a baseline measurement of how the NFB
community has received education and training and been provided access
to information, policies, and services related to sexual misconduct,
as well as how the NFB leadership has responded to reports of sexual
misconduct within their ranks. The data gathered will inform ongoing
efforts to strengthen policies, increase training, and improve
response mechanisms.
What is Sexual Misconduct?
Throughout this survey, RAINN uses the term sexual misconduct as a
non-legal umbrella term that describes a broad range of inappropriate
behaviors, both criminal and non-criminal. This includes unwanted
sexual attention, inappropriate touching, sexual assault, and rape, as
well as verbal, cyber, or other types of sexual harassment based on
gender presentation, sexual orientation, or other identifying
characteristics.

The person who experiences sexual misconduct is referred to as the
victim/survivor. These words are used interchangeably throughout the
survey. However, we recognize that some individuals may feel that one
term resonates with them more than the other, or use different terms
at various points following experiences of sexual misconduct.

Throughout this survey, a person who engages in sexual misconduct is
referred to as a perpetrator.

For the purposes of this survey, an official report of sexual
misconduct is a report that has been filed with the NFB, with the goal
of providing information for the organization's official response,
without necessarily referring to the involvement of law enforcement.

The NFB’s organizational response includes the steps taken to address
an official report of sexual misconduct, communication with those
involved in the incident, investigation efforts, and determination of
discipline, services, and accommodations, as appropriate.
Participation
Please fill out this anonymous survey, which will take approximately
30-45 minutes to complete. It will provide crucial insight on
knowledge, attitudes, and experiences related to sexual misconduct
within the NFB community. Your participation is voluntary and will not
be tracked. RAINN has designed this survey in the hopes of learning
more about the NFB community, in order to better assist the NFB
leadership in improving policies and protocols related to sexual
misconduct. Please do not complete the survey more than once.

If you have any questions about the purpose or methods related to this
survey, please use the Google form at the following link to contact
the team at RAINN responsible for the Climate Assessment:
https://forms.gle/383gu6xxrV7hyHYq9

This form is not a mechanism to report any incidents of sexual
misconduct, and no personally identifying information should be
included in messages to this address. RAINN staff are mandatory
reporters. If you disclose identifying information such as your name,
age, and the specifics of an incident of sexual misconduct, we may
have to provide the information you have given us to the appropriate
authorities. If you would like to file an official report of sexual
misconduct with the NFB, we have included information about how to do
so at the end of this survey.

We understand that this topic can be difficult to address. Please take
steps to care for yourself however you need to. If you or anyone you
know is struggling with any issues related to sexual violence, the
National Sexual Assault Hotline is available 24/7 in English and
Spanish, via telephone at 800.656.HOPE (4673), and online at
online.rainn.org and rainn.org/es.

Live The Life You Want!

national federation of the Blind of Ohio
Community Service Committee
nfbohiocs at gmail.com
www.nfbohio.org

"I am filled with hope, energy, and love by participating in the
National Federation of The Blind because my expectations are raised,
my contributions make a difference to me and to others, and I can
celebrate the realization of my dreams with my Federation family”

--
Maggie Stringer
“The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra."