[Ohio-Talk] Hadley

Colleen Roth n8tnv52 at outlook.com
Fri Oct 1 23:07:31 UTC 2021

Hello Everyone,
I have never heard of teaching braille via Audio or Visual Means. As we all know Braille is tactile.
Students who try to read using their eyes do not develop Braille Reading skills.
I definitely agree with Cheryl concerning a Resolution.
I also understand Hadley no longer grades Course Work.
Some years ago the Toledo Sight Center taught the first letters of the apphabet and sent students to Hadley. At the some I said that I thought the Alphabet had 26 letters. I also there were Contractions, Short Form Words, etc.
Braille is very important and we should count our Blessings having it.
I use Braille every day including my Perkins Braille Writer.
I have the Braille Writer I got in 1961.
It works well and is very efficient. I also carry a slate and stylus in my purse.
If we can't get Hadley to do what is right for blind people we should figure out how to get Braille Teaching to those who need it.
Even if we have to charge a fee for the service it is probably one of the most important things the NFB should be doing.
I wonder if there are any blind people from NFB on Hadley's Board.
Colleen Roth, President;
At Large Chapter;
NFB of Ohio;