[Ohio-Talk] Hadley

Todd Elzey toddelzey at gmail.com
Sat Oct 2 00:31:53 UTC 2021

Ok, I did a little research on this.  Hadley definitely has changed some
things up. In fact, my old Hadley account ids don' even work anymore. From
what I can tell they have two braille workshop series now. One is learning
braille by sight. This appears to be geared more towards transcriptionists
and other sighted individuals who might want to learn braille visually for
some reason. The second series is called "Embracing Braille" and appears to
be more geared towards the blind who would need to learn braille. But these
are not traditional courses. Rather both series appear to be a series of
audio/video podcast-styled workshops.  From what I can tell, it appears
that they are very unstructured (i.e.it appears to be entirely self-guided
without formal assignments, grading, or instructor input).  Not sure this
would have any real value for someone newly blinded.

Because someone asked, here is a list of Hadley's Board of Trustees.
Although I could be wrong because I don't know everyone in the NFB, it does
not appear that there are any obvious NFB leaders on the Board.

Scott B. Dickes
*Chair*

Louise A. Holland
*Immediate Past Chair*