[Ohio-Talk] Community Service Division Project

Todd Elzey toddelzey at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 00:15:18 UTC 2021

Ohio Federationists:

Good evening. As you know the NFB of Ohio's Community Service Division has
been coordinating a project to help out a domestic violence shelter. If you
have ever seen the impacts of domestic violence on a family, you know that
domestic violence is quite traumatizing and wrecks many families. So,
helping the adults and particularly the children going through a domesitc
violence situation is a very worthwhile effort.

As I understood the project the original goal was to get Chapter's to
donate bags for individuals in the shelter with items they could use. That
was when our NFB of Ohio Convention was going to be in person as we were
going to present the shelter with the items then. Since we had to move the
convention back to virtual, many chapters and individuals have expressed an
interest in making cash donations. We have indeed been collecting cash
donations for the shelter.

However, I have not received donations from several chapters that said they
wanted to donate cash. Time is running out as we need to get the check to
the shelter by next week. So if you are going to donate you must do so by
Wednesday.

You can make electronic donations via PayPal or Zelle to
treasurer at nfbohio.org. If, particularly for Chapters and Divisions, you
need to send a check instead of an electronic payment, please reach out to
me off-list at either toddelzey at gmail.com or 315-879-1746 to let me know
how much you will be donating and when the Check will be issued. I will
work with you to make sure that we get that money included in the project.
But remember you need to let me know by Wednesday so that we have enough
time to get the check written and sent to the shelter.

Thank you to everyone who has donated to the project and who is going to
donate between now and Wednesday. Let me know if you have any questions
about how to make donations, and please refer questions about the project
itself to either Cheryl Fields or Maggie Stringer.

Thank you!

Todd Elzey, Treasurer
toddelzey at gmail.com