[Ohio-Talk] Labor day thoughts

President Capital chapter president.capital.nfboh at gmail.com
Mon Sep 6 10:52:44 UTC 2021

Happy Labor Day Ohio!

The summer is almost over, and fall is just around the corner. So, as we all celebrate the holiday today, let’s think of our own NFB of Ohio holiday, our upcoming state convention! Soon, we will all be gathering together in Columbus and celebrating the holiday of the Federation. And we all know what that means, door prizes! I would love to have so many door prizes that absolutely everybody who registers could win! That is a pretty lofty goal, because I am hoping to have so many people registered. But, if you are registered and in the room one of our fabulous door prizes could be yours!

But, one problem. We need to have the prizes to give away. So, it is that time of year did I reach out to all chapters divisions and individuals to request donation of door prizes so that you and your fellow Federation is can win! We will take all kinds of items. Gift cards, household items, handmade crafts, NFB fudge, and of course, cash. Who won it want to win all of those things. So, start talking in your chapter and division meetings, and reach into your pocket as individuals, and get us the prizes to give away!

Just bring your donations right to convention. And, remember, have the description of what the price is and who donated it in braille if possible on the price.

Everyone have a great Labor Day, and I’ll see you at convention!

Annette Lutz
President
Capital Chapter of the National Federation of the Blind of Ohio
614-288-4323
President.capital.nfboh at gmail.com

The National Federation of the Blind knows that blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Everyday we raise the expectations of blind people because we know that low expectations create obstacles between blind people and our dreams. You can live the life you want, blindness is not what holds you back.