[Ohio-Talk] research participant solicitation

Richard Payne rchpay7 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 20:57:44 UTC 2022

The below research participant solicitation is being provided for
informational purposes only. The National Federation of the Blind has no
involvement in this research, but we believe that it may contribute to our
research mission.

At Towson University we are offering a free, 8-week weight loss program for
adults who are legally blind. The program is part of a study, and everybody
gets the weight loss program. As soon as somebody completes the screening
process they are enrolled, and their program would start. All participants
get a free scale. The scale does not talk, but your weight will be sent to
you via text on your phone. The weight loss program focuses on helping you
reduce a few high calorie, low nutrition foods from your diet to help with
weight loss. There is potential for a $25 gift card for participation. To
learn more, contact the Physical Activity and Public Health Lab at
paphl at towson.edu <mailto:paphl at towson.edu> .

Lou Ann Blake, J.D.
Director of Research Programs, Blindness Initiatives

Richard Payne,  President
937/829/3368
Rchpay7 at gmail.com <mailto:Rchpay7 at gmail.com>
blindness is not what holds you back.