[Ohio-Talk] A Virtual Event for Guide Dog Owners

Maggie Stringer ravensfan784 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 15:35:19 UTC 2022

I am forwarding an event for all the puppy lovers! This person has been a
vendor at various national and state conventions.

----
Greetings, everyone!

This is Laura, founder of Let's Go Shopping Virtual Events.  I hope you are
enjoying a fun and safe summer.  I've got some news to share, regarding my
upcoming event.

I am planning a shopping program called The Dog Days of Summer.  As the
summer season gets really long, with the kids not yet back in school, and
the parents who wish they were, no holidays to speak of, and plenty of
blistering hot days left to go, I thought it might be fun to plan a small
event.

Mid-August is referred to as the "dog days" of summer for several reasons.
The consensus seems to be that at this point in summer, the Dog Star is
easily seen in the sky, even in the daytime, and this marks the beginning
of the end of the summer season.  There's lots of other lore, but I'm going
with the Dog Star theory.

Each year for the past several years, I've hosted a dog-themed shopping day
just for my own customers, but this time, I thought it might be fun to
invite other business owners.  On August 20th, beginning at noon Pacific
Time, join me and a few of my friends for a shopping event to showcase all
things dog.  Whether you are a guide dog handler, service dog trainer, pet
parent, or just a doggy devotee, this event is for you.  Find toys,
supplies, travel gear, gifts, and all the essentials for you and your posh
pup.  Join Kae of Guidelight Dogs, Chris from A Touch of Clay, Julie with
On The Go Dog Gear, and of course, I'll have Elegant Insights Braille
jewelry and accessories, all with a doggy motif.

So, Here's the invite for the Dog Days of Summer, and feel free to share
with your own contacts.

Laura and friends are inviting you to a special shopping event!
Topic: The Dog Days of Summer
Guide dog handlers, pet parents, and doggy devotees!  Join us for a one day
shopping event to celebrate all things dog!  Find supplies, toys, gifts,
and jewelry for you and your precious pup!
Please pass along this invitation to anyone you know who wants to shop for
all the newest dog gear and essentials.  Featuring vendors such as A Touch
of Clay, On The Go Dog Gear, Elegant Insights, and Guidelight Dogs!  Find
your login details below, and scroll down for the scheduled lineup.
Time:
Saturday, Aug 20, 2022 12:00 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)
Saturday, Aug 20, 2022 3PM Eastern Time
Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87695179333?pwd=dGhsR1FMdm8wTktrYzQ1RGJFU21FZz09
Meeting ID: 876 9517 9333
Passcode: 865094
One tap mobile
+16699006833,,87695179333#,,,,*865094# US (San Jose)

Maggie Stringer
Phone: (443) 750-0070
Email: ravensfan784 at gmail.com
Community Service Facebook Page
<https://www.facebook.com/CommunityServiceDivision/>
NFB Website <http://www.nfb.org>
NFB Ohio Website <http://www.nfbohio.org>
“The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra."