[Ohio-Talk] 2022 2023 NFBO Scholarship Awards

Jordy Stringer jssocil at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 16:24:05 UTC 2022

I'll bet you thought we were gonna announce the winners,; WRONG!!!
However, we are excited to share information about this year's program.

As you may know the National Federation of the Blind of Ohio each year
awards three scholarships in memory of individuals who have made
 significant contributions in the history of our affiliate .

Most notable during this upcoming cycle is that the monetary amounts of
each award have been increased. Below you will find the award descriptions
along with their new amounts.

Scholarships

 •$2500 Jennica Ferguson Memorial Scholarship: The Jennica Ferguson
Memorial Scholarship is named for a young woman whose intelligence and
leadership embodied the spirit of the National Federation of the Blind. In
her far too short life of 18 years, Jennica did not allow her blindness to
hold her back.

 •$2000 Robert Eschbach Scholarship: Robert Eschbach served as NFB-Ohio
president for 11 years, and devoted his life of 80 years to changing what
it means to be blind.

 •$1500 Barbara E. Fohl Memorial Scholarship: Barbara Fohl was a long-time
leader of the NFB of Ohio who gave selflessly to further its goals.

 Anyone excited to know this year's winners? Well, their names will be
announced at the NFBO Board meeting that will be held on September 17th in
Independence Ohio!. See ya there...
--

Jordy D. Stringer, Executive Director

Southeastern Ohio Center for Independent Living, 418 South Broad Street
Lancaster, OH 43130

E-mail: jssocil at gmail.com

Phone: (740) 689-1494 EXT (11)

"Pursue some path, however narrow and crooked, in which you can walk with
love and reverence."

 -Henry David Thoreau