[Ohio-Talk] Greater Akron, sad news

Patricia McPherson patrinkle at icloud.com
Fri Dec 9 04:17:07 UTC 2022

Below is a copy of Kiana’s obit.
In memory, Pat McPherson

Kiana Louise Hill, affectionately known as KiKi, was born in Youngstown, Ohio on September 2,1976 and transitioned peacefully into the arms of the Lord on November 29, 2022, at her home in Akron, Ohio. She has been a resident of Akron since 1997. Kiana was a 1994 graduate ofYoungstown East High. After high school, she attended Sawyer Business College in Pittsburgh, PA. She was very proud to earn a certificate in Assistive Technology which provides customized assistance for people with disabilities from Sage Business School in Akron. Kiana attended the Leadership Academy sponsored by Services for Independent Living.
Her employment history includes working with AmeriCorps, childcare for the Jewish Community Center in Akron and the Secretary of State Customer Service Call Center. Her past civic involvement includes participating as a member of the Community Advisory Committee for the State of Ohio (CAC); formerly Vice President National Federation of the Blind (NFB) Greater Akron Chapter serving on the Fundraising, Membership and “Supplies 4 Scholars” Committees; and volunteering in Ohio NFB affiliate activities. Kiana was a former member of the Wesley Tower Tenants Council when she was a resident.
Kiana enjoyed watching Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune, online shopping and connecting with her friends. She was a born again Christian and was looking forward to her Savior’s return. Kiana was a faithful member of The House of the Lord where she participated in the Youth Mentoring Program.
Kiana was a very kindhearted person always willing to give and serve. She had a passion for advocacy and a desire to help others experiencing health challenges. She truly was an example of the scripture: II Corinthians 1:4; sharing her knowledge of resources she discovered in her journey and struggles to help others to thrive.
She was preceded in death by her twin sister, Diona Hill; grandmother, Helen Howie; grandfather, Leonard Howie.
She leaves to cherish her memory, mother, Juanita Hill; brother Marice (Laura) Hill of Cincinnati; nephew, Xayden Hill; niece, Maraya Brown; aunts, uncles, cousins, a host of other relatives and friends; and special friends, Rita Ross and Corasse Hawkins.
Kiana will be missed by many.

LIVE THE LIFE YOU WANT!

Pat McPherson
NFB of Ohio