[Ohio-Talk] Memorial service for Scott LaBarre

Barbara Pierce barbara.pierce9366 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 17 12:24:59 UTC 2022

I thought that people would be pleased to know that a wonderful memorial service and dinner were held at the Colorado Center for the Blind on Thursday evening. President Riccobono, the Maurers, Anil Lewis, John Pare, Mrs. Jernigan, Everet Bacon, Jim and Sue Gashel, and I all joined the family and friends of Scott from Colorado and Minnesota in a Wonderfull time of remembrance and laughter. A choir from Carter’s school sang a beautiful song, and we told wonderful stories about Scott and remembered his great contributions to the Federation, the nation, and the world. It was a very long 24 hours, but I am very glad that I went.
Barbara
Barbara Pierce (she, her, hers)
President Emerita
Barbara.pierce9366 at gmail.com
440-774-8077

The National Federation of the Blind knows that blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Every day we raise expectations for blind people because low expectations create obstacles between blind people and their dreams. You can live the life you want; blindness is not what holds you back.