[Ohio-Talk] Call for Stories

Todd Elzey toddelzey at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 17:35:04 UTC 2022

As you have hopefully seen, the NFB of Ohio has began our social media
campaign #HB448AccessSavesLives in support of our accessible prescription
labeling bill H.B. 448. One of our partners in this effort, En-Vision
America is working on an article to help promote the campaign. They are
looking to collect stories about the importance of prescription labels.

If you are willing to lend your stories to the campaign, I would greatly
appreciate it if you can get them to us by Thursday, January 6, 2022. The
type of thing we are looking for is perhaps the impact not having access to
accessible labels has caused on your life. Maybe its something as simple as
you have to rely on sighted help to find information out about your
prescriptions or to identify which medication is which. Or perhaps it's
something as serious as you have previously taken the wrong medication or
the wrong dosage of medication because you didn't have access to an
accessible label. Or maybe you even had to skip taking the medication until
you had sighted assistance because you were simply afraid of getting
something wrong because you didn't have access to an accessible label.
Whatever your story is we want to hear it.

The reverse stories are also desired. So if you have access to accessible
labels and have stories of how that access has benefited your health and
safety, we also need those stories as well.

Simply type your stories out and send them to me in an email to
toddelzey at gmail.com.

Also, please remember that we will need written testimony in support of HB
448 for the House Insurance Committee in the very near future. So please be
working on that testimony so that it is ready to go when we need it.

Thanks for all of your efforts to support #HB448AccessSavesLives and please
let me know if you have any questions.

Todd Elzey