[Ohio-Talk] covid test question

c16a19f at sbcglobal.net c16a19f at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jan 21 13:31:45 UTC 2022

Are the covid tests that we will receive by mail made less accurate by being
frozen? At first glance, this may not seem like a blindness accessibility
issue, but for me it is.

I always put delivery directions on my on-line orders to ring the doorbell
and leave on porch. Despite this, it is seldom that the doorbell rings when
items are delivered.

I woke up this morning to an email from WalMart informing me that my order
was delivered yesterday at 7:13 PM. This email message was delivered to my
inbox at around 10:30 PM. The doorbell never rang.

Temperatures were in the teens overnight, so I googled whether it is okay to
store the vitamins I ordered from WalMart at freezing temperatures.  The
answer is that it is not.

When I am expecting a delivery, I check the porch regularly through the day
and into the evening. I cannot simply glance out the window or door to see
if a package is there. I actually have to step outside onto the porch and
into the snow to check thoroughly for a package.  I checked it last night
shortly before 7 PM. Oh well.

I can get my money back from WalMart, but if my covid tests get frozen, will
the results of the tests be accurate?

Cheryl