[Ohio-Talk] Street Crossings

Colleen Roth n8tnv52 at outlook.com
Wed Jul 13 23:33:09 UTC 2022

Hello Everyone,
I imagine some street crossings are getting more difficult due to Turn Right on Red bike lanes and Trolley Tracks. I have never experienced some of these things and would be praying a lot if I were traveling independently. The last time I crossed a street with someone who is legally blind was in 1981. By that time I had started experiencing Balancing problems.
I would have felt bad asking someone to push me arance in a certain hotel so I could go to the Exhibits.
I would have tried to do everything in the Exhibit Hall at one time so I wouldn't have had to ask someone to take me over there again.
I can imagine spending money there Marianne.
I would love to be able to get a Saddle Stylus and ask about the slate which allows you to write from left to right. I would just like to xamine it.
I have been known to drop a regular stylus. I gave a saddle stylus to someone and can't get APH to answer their phone.
I would not be comfortable listening to traffic any more. It isn't necessary because I do not travel alone.
Sidewalks and curb cuts are not very well maintained either.
I try to get on the floor where Meetings and Restaurant are if that is possible. I try to go back to my room so my chair doesn't take up so much room in the Lady's Room.
Even though I would rather wash my hands I use hand sanitizer so I do not get in the way.
Marianne, I hope you had a good Convention.
I kind of explain my Travel Skills by saying that I am Directionally Dyslexic. I can't even figure out what is above me on the next floor. I do not even remember which way to turn when we go out in the hallway. I never read Directions for Orientation because they leave me more confused than if I didn't read them.
One thing I can't understand fs why some sighted people can't read the sign on a door to make sure we are in the correct room.
I think those Smart Elevators would have put me in Panic Mode.
Colleen Roth