[Ohio-Talk] Two Great Cookbooks

Colleen Roth n8tnv52 at outlook.com
Mon Jul 18 22:10:35 UTC 2022

Hello Everyone,
I have two braille cookbooks that I got from American Printing House for the Blind. Food at your Fingertips is in one volume. It is embossed on both sides of the page and is in a three-ring binder. You can insert recipes you like on Braille paper at the end of each section. Cookbook also has list of Substitutions and the recipes are from scratch.
I think this book is also available in Large Print.
It was embossed in English Braille American Edition.
Cooking Without Looking is a book embossed in three Volumes. It has Substitutions and gives can sizes, etc.
I downloaded this book from Bard and some new recipes have been added. I am not sure if you can get this Cookbook with the Additions. I think it also comes in Large Print. First check with APH. If they do not have it, check with NBP.
In case you have the e-reader there are a lot of cookbooks some of which are for people who like shortcuts. One of the cookbooks has a lot of mixes with a lot of sodium. They take thirty minutes. I told Dudley that I am not using it because I do not want us to eat all of that Sodium, etc.
Enjoy your cookbooks and your e-reader.
Colleen Roth