[Ohio-Talk] Pie day

marianne at denningweb.com marianne at denningweb.com
Mon Mar 14 15:55:15 UTC 2022

               Let's have a little fun. Today is national pie day. What is
your favorite pie? Do you make your own pies or buy them from a store or
restaurant? Feel free to share a pie recipe if you want to.

My favorite pie is key lime. I usually order it from a restaurant or buy it
at Krogers. I am sharing my recipe for pecan pride pie. My mom made this
when I was growing up and I still make it at holidays.

Pecan Pride Pie

*   3 Large  <https://cookeatshare.com/ingredients/egg> eggs

*   1 c. sugar

*   3/4 c. light  <https://cookeatshare.com/ingredients/corn-syrup> corn
syrup

*   1/4 teaspoon  <https://cookeatshare.com/ingredients/salt> salt

*   1/4 c. melted  <https://cookeatshare.com/ingredients/butter> butter

*   1 teaspoon  <https://cookeatshare.com/ingredients/vanilla-extract>
vanilla

*   1 c.  <https://cookeatshare.com/ingredients/pecan> pecan halves

*   9 inch unbaked  <https://cookeatshare.com/ingredients/pi> pie shell

Directions

1.    Beat Large eggs. Add in sugar, syrup and salt; mix well. Stir in
butter, vanilla and nuts. Pour into pie shell. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 to
55 min till knife comes out clean. English walnuts may be substituted for
pecans.