[Ohio-Talk] Voting Machines

Colleen Roth n8tnv52 at outlook.com
Thu May 5 15:13:20 UTC 2022

Hi Marianne,
I do not know the total variety ofVoting Machines there are in Ohio. Harden and Hancock Counties are pretty small. Wood County is also small. Some Chapters may be able to have Voting Machine from their County at a Chapter Meeting. If the Director of Disability from the State Secretary of State's Office comes alone I do not know how he could show people how to work all of these Machines. Maybe Federationists who know how to use the one in their County could help. Since General Election is November 8th we might have to have demonstrations at Chapter Meetings for Chapters that meet in person. It was suggested that we watch a video online which I would not find very helpful.
I need to touch the machine and navigate it with Instruction.
i would like to know if we have anyone in the Affiliate who is still involved with HAVA and keeping current with the Machines in Ohio. I think that someone who is not a Techie be involved so that we know if the Machines are going to work for those of us who are not technically Minded. I also think Poll Workers should be told that if a keypad is not working they should call their County Board for a replacement. They should also be told that a person who needs the Keypad would probably not be able to see the screen. One of our Members had these problems.
I would like to see Eric Duffy chime in since he with involved with HAVA in the early days.
Colleen Roth, President;
At Large Chapter;
NFB of Ohio;