[Ohio-Talk] e-reader from NLS

Colleen Roth n8tnv52 at outlook.com
Sat May 7 13:54:49 UTC 2022

Hello Everyone,
I really love the e-reader from NLS. I like the carrying case too. It is better than the one I have for my Polaris. In case you didn't know yet the e-reader has 16 GB Internal Memory according to the Library.
It takes a High Capacity sd card for external memory.
I am reading the Manual from cover to cover. I am reading it out loud so Dudley can help me if there is something I do not understand.
It is more like a note-taker than a display because you can read more types of Material and can take some notes on it. I am looking forward to downloading books
from BARD without having to have Dudley do it on the PC. Eventually I will learn how to do it on the PC but this is convenient when downloading Books. I wonder if you can download audio books and transfer them via Cartridge to a DTBM.
I am really happy to be able to read Newsline on the Device. I like the fact that I can read the text particularly for spelling of words.
Does anyone know if the User Guide is available for download so that someone who doesn't read Braille can read it particularly those who do not read braille well or teachers and those who might help someone who is not Technically-minded?
I am actually looking forward to seeing how independent I can be working with this device.
What a Blessing. I do like hard copy braille but this is nice if you want to take a book with you.
Sorry for such a long email.
Colleen Roth, President;
At Large Chapter;
NFB of Ohio;