[Ohio-Talk] FW: Disability Advocates Age 18 to 33❕

Suzanne Turner smturner.234 at gmail.com
Tue May 10 20:10:04 UTC 2022

From: Services for Independent Living <jstromberg=sil-oh.org at mlsend2.com> On Behalf Of Services for Independent Living
Sent: Monday, May 09, 2022 11:00 AM
To: smturner.234 at gmail.com
Subject: Disability Advocates Age 18 to 33❕

  <https://click.mlsend2.com/link/o/YT0xOTQ2NTA1OTQzMzE1Mzg4Nzc0JmM9bzFzNyZlPTA=.kUgnn8_XOSC-VMWtHtF4B-TdtmfDye5XghggFFkdrfg>

 <https://click.mlsend2.com/link/c/YT0xOTQ2NTA1OTQzMzE1Mzg4Nzc0JmM9bzFzNyZlPTAmYj05NjcxNTQ0MTEmZD10N3E4ZTJ5.EH_qIDHI6cJbBPJ5vPgfG1Fu9FN35iUCuH6s9UOtZnE> View in browser

  <https://bucket.mlcdn.com/a/3402/3402175/images/f101ee0368f41eb8e96545b0455ae191be43c35a.png>

Through Young Adult Council, Your Advocacy Counts!

Young Adult Council

  <https://bucket.mlcdn.com/a/3402/3402175/images/7d16a4496c29277cea58e82d11af90bb7d1883f4.png>

The Young Adult Council (YAC) is for advocates age 18 to 33, who have a disability, and want to learn how to make a difference by gaining confidence with their leadership experience in community decision-making on issues that are important to him or her.

Young Adult Council (YAC) is a statewide community led council; hands-on/internship approach that will provide young adults the opportunity to participate in a realistic policy making environment.

Young Adult Council (YAC) will be comprised of a small group of participants and include a three-part teaching series, with each part of the teaching series being three weeks. The teachings will take place both in-person and hybrid. There will be a Fall, Spring, and Summer session. If transportation assistance is needed, transportation funds (i.e., bus tickets) may be available.

  <https://bucket.mlcdn.com/a/3402/3402175/images/51f19f8eb94adc60f5b9c046e33007416a7a721f.jpeg>

YAC Will Utilize the Following Teaching Methods:

*	Lectures, Group Discussions, PowerPoint Presentations
*	Videos, Guest Speakers, and Fieldtrips!

  <https://bucket.mlcdn.com/a/3402/3402175/images/b3241bdd90005d6bcb9f744e69b9eec9f776b147.jpeg>

YAC Will Provide Interactive Learning Experiences

*	Exploring different advocacy initiatives
*	Networking with legislators
*	Trips to local city council meetings, Mayor’s offices to meet with local representatives.
*	A trip to the Ohio State House to meet our state representatives.
*	Additionally, visits to our Ohio Statewide Independent Living Council and Disability Rights Ohio offices.
*	An opportunity to experience a NICL Conference

How to Join the Young Adult Council (YAC):

There will be a short application process.
For more information on YAC please contact April Shaw,  <mailto:ashaw at sil-oh.org> ashaw at sil-oh.org or at 216.731.1529

Know someone who might be interested in YAC? Share it!

 <https://click.mlsend2.com/link/c/YT0xOTQ2NTA1OTQzMzE1Mzg4Nzc0JmM9bzFzNyZlPTAmYj05NjcxNTQ0MTUmZD1oOWwxZTV0.yOmQPofjCMh84UBhtGt-WBHPq2GznNCm5BBQtXuAOjM>

 <https://click.mlsend2.com/link/c/YT0xOTQ2NTA1OTQzMzE1Mzg4Nzc0JmM9bzFzNyZlPTAmYj05NjcxNTQ0MTgmZD1qM2o5ajdp.bcVnNNAUtJvycHs1xayagWq3BBHtxd8L1QGkeUSYNXo>

  <https://bucket.mlcdn.com/a/3402/3402175/images/ff3058b549e978a96dfd6b88c999d61c4c11b08f.jpeg>

 <https://click.mlsend2.com/link/c/YT0xOTQ2NTA1OTQzMzE1Mzg4Nzc0JmM9bzFzNyZlPTAmYj05NjcxNTQ0MjAmZD1sMnU3ZTV3.kEtDURsgWDRt-5-21319kEqMngbdnA9kF1jdD1BjTo8>

 <https://click.mlsend2.com/link/c/YT0xOTQ2NTA1OTQzMzE1Mzg4Nzc0JmM9bzFzNyZlPTAmYj05NjcxNTQ0MjImZD1sMXY1Zzhy.NetSPyqE3Oryq3iq2DIQ_-Nom2XSZPNBBvbStCE1VcU>

 <https://click.mlsend2.com/link/c/YT0xOTQ2NTA1OTQzMzE1Mzg4Nzc0JmM9bzFzNyZlPTAmYj05NjcxNTQ0MjQmZD1wN3Y3cTJr.lc4vPCp7lkV1PM_hqehqw-XqLOZP9IybmuWZ0OSo3Os>

 <mailto:info at sil-oh.org>

 <https://click.mlsend2.com/link/c/YT0xOTQ2NTA1OTQzMzE1Mzg4Nzc0JmM9bzFzNyZlPTAmYj05NjcxNTQ0MjYmZD14NHg2cjZ5.iIMwehT-_3_GhqfHczECWDI-Ll3a8ymujQXHtBNuDuQ>

Services for Independent Living

26250 Euclid Avenue, Suite 801
Cleveland Ohio 44132 United States

 <tel:216-731-1529> 216-731-1529

 <mailto:info at sil-oh.org> info at sil-oh.org

You received this email because you signed up on our website or have had previous contact with us.