[Ohio-Talk] children using a cane

Barbara Pierce barbara.pierce9366 at gmail.com
Fri May 13 20:11:20 UTC 2022

I believe strongly that this child should use the cane outside the home. I always used a cane around my garden. That is not quite true, but I always regretted when I did not. In fact, when I came into the back door of our house, I used the cane while I was walking up to the can where I stored canes beside the front door. I was just checking for furniture and junk that the kids might have left on the floor because I had a cane in my hand.
Barbara
Barbara Pierce (she, her, hers)
President Emerita
Barbara.pierce9366 at gmail.com
440-774-8077

The National Federation of the Blind knows that blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Every day we raise expectations for blind people because low expectations create obstacles between blind people and their dreams. You can live the life you want; blindness is not what holds you back.