[Ohio-Talk] Zoomtext/JAWS Windows 10 Compatibility Issue

Todd Elzey toddelzey at gmail.com
Wed May 18 17:06:27 UTC 2022

Good afternoon!  Yesterday, my Zoomtext screen magnification program
stopped working. It will only turn on for about a minute and then it
automatically shuts down.  I am running Fusion 2020 so it has the 2020
versions of Zoomtext and JAWS. This afternoon I had a conversation with
Freedom Scientific's Technical Support Division. It turns out that the
latest update to Windows 10 basically turns off Fusion/Zoomtext 2020.  They
tell me that Freedom Scientific no longer supports the 2020 versions of
their software and that the only way to resolve the problem is to upgrade
to the 2022 version. If you are running a 2020 version of Freedom
Scientific Software I do not recommend installing Windows 10 update and it
seems that you should prepare to be forced to upgrade your software to the
2022 version whether you want to or not. The cost for a 2 jump upgrade from
2020 to 2022 is steep. It is going to be $540 for the home version upgrade
or $860 if you have the Professional version, which I am told is for work
computers. On top of that the 2 year software maintenance agreement is
another $270 for the home version and another $430 for the professional
version.

Todd Elzey