[Ohio-Talk] NFBO State Scholarship Program 1 Week Left To Apply

Jordy Stringer jssocil at gmail.com
Mon May 23 12:50:55 UTC 2022

Message from the NFBO Scholarship Committee

Individuals have one week left to apply so should any students have any
questions please reach out to Jordy Stringer.

Jssocil at gmail.com

(614) 531-3945

The committee understands that some students are experiencing  a barrier
 when trying to upload documents and we do not want this to deter any
 potential applicant from making an application. To this end we have
attached a word version of the application and they are invited to use it
if they find the form not working. All forms including the completed
application can be submitted directly to Jordy Stringer at:

jssocil at gmail.com

Please be sure to confirm that your application is complete prior to
sending.

The National Federation of the Blind of Ohio Scholarship Program 2022 2023

We are excited to share information about the  NFBO Scholarship program
during the up-coming 2022 2023 academic year.

As you may know the National Federation of the Blind of Ohio each year
awards three scholarships in memory of individuals who have made
 significant contributions in the history of our affiliate .

Most notable during this upcoming cycle is that the monetary amounts of
each award have been increased. Below you will find the award descriptions
along with their new amounts.

To apply students can find this year's application link at nfbohio.org,

Or they may use the direct link: https://forms.gle/ohcWFzXAh1r5jbin7

Scholarships

 •$2500 Jennica Ferguson Memorial Scholarship: The Jennica Ferguson
Memorial Scholarship is named for a young woman whose intelligence and
leadership embodied the spirit of the National Federation of the Blind. In
her far too short life of 18 years, Jennica did not allow her blindness to
hold her back.

 •$2000 Robert Eschbach Scholarship: Robert Eschbach served as NFB-Ohio
president for 11 years, and devoted his life of 80 years to changing what
it means to be blind.

 •$1500 Barbara E. Fohl Memorial Scholarship: Barbara Fohl was a long-time
leader of the NFB of Ohio who gave selflessly to further its goals.

--

Jordy D. Stringer, Executive Director

Southeastern Ohio Center for Independent Living, 418 South Broad Street
Lancaster, OH 43130

E-mail: jssocil at gmail.com

Phone: (740) 689-1494 EXT (11)

"Pursue some path, however narrow and crooked, in which you can walk with
love and reverence."

 -Henry David Thoreau