[Ohio-Talk] Call for young blind or visually impaired actress

marianne at denningweb.com marianne at denningweb.com
Wed Oct 19 12:54:27 UTC 2022

This was posted to a FaceBook group and I thought someone might be
interested.

A film student at VCU has asked me to post the following casting call as
they are looking for a blind/low-vision young woman to play a role. Please
contact her directly if you are interested.

Big Picture- Cecilia Tuttle

GENRE- Coming of Age/Drama
DATES-Shooting late November/early December, three days, Richmond, VA
Contact- tuttlec2 at vcu.edu <mailto:tuttlec2 at vcu.edu>  571-288-9304

Synopsis- The Big Picture is a coming-of-age friendship story about two
young women who have lived their entire lives together, and have the
daunting realization that life is pulling them apart; as one friend is
blind; and the other, overprotective. As they take care of each other, one
craves independence, and one craves closeness. Do they choose to work and
grow together despite their differences and hardships, or leave a
relationship that neither have ever lived without?

Roles needed-

DAD, late 40's early 50's. The general dad-like voice and stature,
outdoorsy, charismatic.

MOM- late 40's early 50's. Yoga mom, curly hair.

CLARA- early 20's, plays 18. Must be visually impaired or blind. Any race.
Funny, softspoken but daring, comfortable in skin. Kissing/sexual scenes
within script.