[Ohio-Talk] NFBO Agenda for September 17 board meeting

Richard Payne rchpay7 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 01:06:09 UTC 2022

NFBO Agenda for September 17 board meeting

You will find in the body of this email the agenda for the board of
directors meeting this Saturday. Note I have been asked a number of times
what time will the meeting end but depending on how much we cover before
noon will play a part in the end time. I will say that you should be pretty
safe to arrange rides between 2:30p and 3:00 PM

Board of Directors Meeting

Doubletree by Hilton
6200 Quarry Lane, Independence, Ohio 44131

SEPTEMBER 17, 2022
10:00 A.M. EDT.

AGENDA

1.	CALL TO ORDER : PRESIDENT PAYNE

Note! 	Information on the lunch of today

A reminder for all Chapters and Division to send me your membership list,
pay your per capita and annual report if you are not submitting the Gavel
Report by September 30. Please make sure that the list is updated. Due one
week before the convention

2.	roll call of the Ohio board of Directors: Eric Duffy, NFBO secretary

3.	Motion to Approve  the  April 2022 minutes

4.	Financial Report : Todd Elzey, NFBO Treasurer

5. Convention Arrangements, Suzanne Turner, and Maggie Stringer co-chairs

6. Reports from Chapters, divisions, and committees and Blind Equality
Achievement Month and White Cane Safety Day" What are Chapters, Committees
and Division doing to promote awareness?

7. 	Open Discussion on an accessible list of upcoming events that
members can consult.

8. 	Revisit the name changes for Chapters and Divisions.

9.	A pitch for a proposal regarding museum accessibility. The Ohio
Museums Association is having its annual conference in Newark in March.
Their theme for the 2023 conference is inclusion. I would like to submit a
proposal for us to sponsor a panel regarding how museums can make their
exhibits accessible to blind and low vision patrons. a broader proposal for
working with an Ohio arts organization to promote other art accessibility
projects in terms of alternative formats in performance venues and promoting
performance opportunities for blind performers. In fact, I have heard back
from one small theater in Columbus that may be interested in such an effort.
Todd Elzey NFBO treasurer

10.	The Ohio Community Service request for consideration of becoming a
division.

11. 	The Onboarding Process

12.	NFB Portal and Membership Management

	13	Safety Measures at The Hotel During Convention

14	 Adjournment