[Ohio-Talk] Message from Dr. Carolyn Peters

carolyn peters drcarolyn-peters at att.net
Thu Feb 16 13:36:03 UTC 2023

Good morning Federation family, we’re going to have a great day today. Yesterday is gone but the remnants still remain. It is a sad and unfortunate situation that you were showered with emails that describe strategies conspiracies lies, and and true comments. I can’t begin to justify why a leader would act in such a way, but do you know we never know what people are feeling or going through in their own lies? So we try to understand and as you read those emails I ask that you filter them screen them for the fax you know what they are. There are some that want you to think that things are not well in the Ohio affiliate but I believe the opposite I feel strongly that we have been working hard and diligently Actively participating in the programs and policies of the Federation providing resources and opportunities for our members. We’re doing good work we are not perfect. No one is so as you read these emails, do not take sides. If you choose to take sides, take the side of The National Federation Of The Blind let’s go build a federation we have a lot of work to do. We have a lot of members in our care. When people lose control and power that they think they should have instead of embracing others, their attempt is to destroy others character by using inflammatory and unwarranted comments sometimes culturally insensitive they don’t share all the information only what they feel that others will believe that will be hurtful do not fall into that rabbit hole. For those of you who are believers, please lift up our affiliate in our members as we take this affiliate forward and provide the best lives that we all can live as a blind community and remember we are family. Blessings, And for those who share their concerns for me I thank you so very much. It’s been a long time since I’ve been up at 11 o’clock at night the do you know I am in a good place and I know that you believe in me and I appreciate your support and so does the Board of Directors. I think we are in good hands under the leadership of President Richard payne.

Reverend Dr. Carolyn Peters, National Federation Of The Blind, Ohio, affiliate, vice president, Ohio Communities Of Faith division, president, Miami Valley Chapter, Dayton, Ohio president. 1-937-657-5134,

Dr.carolyn.peters at gmail.com☺️👏🙏🤲