[Ohio-Talk] Correction of event at 2022 Ohio Convention

walterl.mitch2 at gmail.com walterl.mitch2 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 22:37:55 UTC 2023

Greetings Ohio NFB Family and Friends,

In Todd's resignation, he mentioned several situations. In particular the 2
questionable baskets auctioned off at convention. His written statement was:

I witnessed the purchaser of the basket show it to a minor.

I Walter Mitchell purchased both baskets and I assure you that the baskets
was not opened or entered into until they reached my hotel room. There were
no minors around me for the entire convention and needless to say also not
in my hotel room.

Todd's statement defames my character, integrity and ethics. I am a father,
grandfather and leader in the disabled community. What he has alleged is
grossly incorrect. If he can make such a blatantly incorrect statement about
this, how much of his remaining statements are fabrications?

We are all individuals and most of us are adults. It seems to me that we are
spending more time on the things that make us individuals and not spending
enough time on the things that unite us. The Federation is here for us all,
not just one segment of people. Because my suggestions and opinions do not
match yours do not make them wrong. Blindness do not discriminate! Let's go
build the Federation!

"blind love is the answer, today, and for our future!"

Sincerely,

Walter Mitchell

President, Ohio Diabetes Action Network

(513) 250-2432

 <mailto:Walterl.mitch2 at gmail.com> Walterl.mitch2 at gmail.com

Purpose:

The Diabetes Action Network Educate, Empower and Inspire blind and visually
impaired people to independently and confidently manage diabetes!