[Ohio-Talk] Correction of event at 2022 Ohio Convention

Eric Duffy peduffy63 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 23:51:41 UTC 2023

Walter,

It is understandable that you are upset if something incorrect was said about you. I think it is safe to say that you have now done the most to tie yourself to this purchase. Todd did not mention your name as far as I can recall. You have now put this in the ether where things live forever.

This whole discussion could have and should have been avoided.

If I misrepresent anything here, I hope Annette Lutz will correct me. It is my understanding that she thought the basket should have never been auctioned. She took her concern to President Payne and to another officer whom I will not call by name, because as we saw in a message from her earlier this week, she gets a great deal of pleasure from the sound of her own name. According to my understanding from my conversation with Annette President Payne walked away, and the unnamed officer consented to the auction of the baskets. That in my opinion shows poor judgement, a lack of courage, or both on the Part of President Payne and the unnamed officer.
Todd asked the Board of Directors discuss how the baskets got in the auction at the January meeting of the Board which was the first meeting to take place since the convention. President Payne ignored his request. I did not participate in that meeting so if some one shows me meeting minutes proving me wrong, I will publicly apologize to the President.

I have known Todd for more than fifty years. He is not a fabricator nor a liar. The content of the baskets were not appropriate for our convention and the leadership should have never let them see the light of day.

Todd is not a liar. By the way Walter I do not believe you are a liar or fabricator either. So it is quite possible that Todd misunderstood what he saw. The real damage done here is that the baskets were auctioned, and no action has yet been taken to make sure that kind of thing doesn’t happen here.

Oh but there are liars. I won’t mention their names either. But they know who they are and so do we. They are the one’s who called Barbara Pierce a racist.

Eric