[Ohio-Talk] Reminder: Emails and Calls are needed this week: Call to action for the two Legislative Bills

Suzanne Turner smturner.234 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 7 12:49:45 UTC 2023

Good Morning Great State of Ohio,

Please take 5 minutes to email or call this week to urge members in the
House and Senate to co-sponsor. Please extend a thank you for meeting with
the NFB of Ohio in February as well.

The Switchboard can provide the name of your Senator and Representative.:

Call: 202-224-3121

Barbara's example of an email is below to assist you.

Legislative Alert

The Access Technology Affordability Act

H.R. 3702 and S. 1467.

The Medical Device Nonvisual Accessibility Act,

H.R. 1328

There is not a bill in the Senate.

So, we have been advised not to mention the bill in the Senate.

Both the House and Senate are in session this week. You can email or call
your rep  with the bill number urging them to co-sponsor.

The Switchboard can provide the name of your Senator and Representative.:

Call: 202-224-3121

My name is Barbara Pierce, and I am Mr. Latta's constituent. I live in
Oberlin. I would like to urge REPRESENTATIVE Latta to cosponsor the Access
Technology Affordability Act (H.R. 3702)  and the Medical Device Nonvisual
Accessibility Act([H.R. 1328. The Access Technology Affordability Act would
increase employment opportunities for blind Americans who cannot afford the
high cost of access technology by creating a refundable tax credit in the
amount of $2,000 to offset the cost of this technology. The Medical Device
Nonvisual Accessibility Act authorizes the FDA to establish a minimum
nonvisual access standard for Class II and Class III medical devices with
digital displays so that blind people can operate them safely and
independently. On January 31 representatives of the National Federation of
the Blind of Ohio met with Paul Hartman of your staff to discuss these
issues and to leave fact sheets with you on both issues. Blind constituents
in this district are very eager to have Mr. Latta's support as a cosponsor
of both issues.

Thanks for your consideration,