[Ohio-Talk] NFB23 Sponsors & Ads

Suzanne Turner smturner.234 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 7 23:20:31 UTC 2023

NFB23 Sponsors & Ads

article

The National Federation of the Blind acknowledges with gratitude our convention sponsors listed below. Their messages follow.

Platinum:

Google

Horizon Therapeutics

Microsoft

UPS Foundation

Vanda Pharmaceuticals

Vispero

Wells Fargo

Gold:

Amazon

HumanWare

Oracle

Target

Waymo

Silver:

American Printing House

AT&T

Brown, Goldstein & Levy, LLP

JPMorgan Chase & Co

Lyft

Market Development Group

Pearson

Tusk Philanthropies

Uber

Bronze:

Centene Corporation

Charter Communications (Spectrum)

Cruise

Ellume

Kellogg

United Airlines

UserWay

VitalSource Technologies

White Cane:

Aira

C&P-Chris Park Technology

Central Intelligence Agency

Computers for the Blind

CVS Health

Democracy Live

En-Vision America

Envision, Inc.

GoodMaps

HIMS

IKE Smart City

Independence Science

Jackson Walker LLP

Leader Dogs for the Blind

McGraw Hill

National Industries for the Blind

National Library Service for the Blind and Print Disabled, Library of Congress

Personal.ai

Rosen, Bien, Galvan & Grunfeld, LLP

Saavi Services for the Blind

Tactile Engineering

The Chicago Lighthouse

VA Office of Mental Health and Suicide Prevention’s (OMHSP) Suicide Prevention Program (SPP)

Sponsor Ads

Platinum

Horizon Therapeutics

The top half of the ad features black and white portraits of different people, with the phrase, "Going to incredible lengths" on top. The ad reads, "Horizon

is proud to support the National Federation of the Blind. Horizon is focused on researching, developing, and commercializing medicines that address critical

needs for people impacted by rare, autoimmune, and severe inflammatory diseases. Our pipeline is purposeful: we apply scientific expertise and courage

to bring clinically meaningful therapies to patients. At Horizon, we believe science and compassion must work together to transform lives." The Horizon

logo is in the bottom left corner, and the website is

horizontherapeutics.com.

Microsoft

This ad features a photograph of a blind Asian woman holding her long white cane. Over the bottom half of the photograph it says "Raising the bar" in all

capital pink letters. Below that says, "Microsoft is a proud sponsor of the 2023 National Federation of the Blind Convention. Microsoft's mission is to

empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Working together, we can create a world that's more inclusive, accessible, and

equitable for everyone." The bottom of the ad links to

Microsoft.com/accessibility.

Vanda Pharmaceuticals

The top half of the ad features a photo of a blind man walking with his guide dog inside a building. Below the photo is the Vanda logo. Below that it says,

"Vanda Pharmaceuticals is dedicated to raising awareness of Non-24-Hour Sleep-Wake Disorder (Non-24) and supporting the blindness community. Non-24 is

a rare circadian rhythm disorder affecting up to 70% of people who are totally blind. People living with Non-24 experience excessive daytime sleepiness

and nighttime sleeplessness, which leads to impaired social and occupational functioning. This is due to a misalignment between the internal master body

clock and the 24-hour day. Come visit us at our booth to learn about Non-24 and sign up for additional information. Call a health educator toll-free at

1-855-856-2424. 24 hours a day, every day."

www.non-24.com.

Vispero

Vispero is written out in the top center. Underneath it says, "Vispero is a proud sponsor of the National Federation of the Blind National Convention,"

followed by "learn more about our innovative technology for blindness and low vision, and the passionate team behind it at

vispero.com!"

Below this are two headers. The first says "We're looking forward to seeing you again!" and "please visit us in the exhibit hall and during our presentation—we

have so much to show you!" The second header lists the presentation name, "What's new with JAWS, Fusion, and ZoomText" on Saturday, July 1, 8:00 to 11:00

a.m. Below this is a headshot Ryan Jones. "Join Ryan Jones for the annual User Group meeting. All skill levels are welcome. We'll demonstrate and discuss

the recent developments and look at what's coming in 2024. We will also discuss how you can help shape the future of our products. Bring your questions

and join the fun as we kick off the 2023 Convention!" The bottom lists Vispero brands, including Enhanced Vision, Freedom Scientific, Optelec, and TPG.

Wells Fargo

The top of the ad features a photo of three women on the sidewalk in front of a city building. One has a guide dog. The Wells Fargo logo is in the top

right, and the phrase, "together, there are no limits to what we can do" is on the bottom of the photo. It says, "At Wells Fargo, we value the unique capabilities

and contributions of each of our employees and appreciate the strength that diversity brings to our organization. Working here, you’ll find an inclusive

environment for everyone. We’re dedicated to providing all of our employees with the opportunity to be successful in their Wells Fargo careers. What other

people are saying about us: DiversityInc magazine has ranked Wells Fargo No.2 on the list of the 2022 Top Companies for People with Disabilities. DiversityInc

also ranked Wells Fargo No. 29 on the Top Companies for Diversity, and No. 1 Top Companies for LGBTQ. For the twelfth consecutive year, readers of CAREERS

& the disABLED magazine recognized Wells Fargo as number 5 on 2023’s Top 50 Employers of people with disabilities." The right side of the ad says, "Wells

Fargo is a proud sponsor of the National Federation of the Blind Convention." The bottom of the ad links to

wellsfargo.com/about/diversity/accessibility

and says, "accommodations and accessibility assistance for team members and job seekers. Visit

wellsfargojobs.com

to apply or for more information." The Wells Fargo logo is in the bottom right along with the social media logos for LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and

Instagram.

Gold

Amazon

The top of the ad invites us to "Visit the NFB convention Exhibit Hall to learn more about Fire TVs, Fire tablets, Kindle, and Echo Devices." The image

below is the Amazon logo, which is "amazon" written out with an arrow underneath going from the a to the z, with the listed Amazon devices above. Below

this image says, "Amazon supports accessible experiences for shopping, reading, and entertainment. Learn more at

www.amazon.com/accessibility."

HumanWare

The right side of the ad features a photo of a hand holding a StellarTrek device. The ad says, "Unlocking accessibility with HumanWare. StellarTrek, leading

the way in orientation and mobility." StellarTrek features are listed below, including "Guide in the last 40 feet to the destination with AI and the latest

GPS technology, voice commands, OCR test-to-speech, barcode reading, and color recognition." The bottom of the ad says, "HumanWare is proud to be sponsoring

NFB National Convention." They can be reached at 1-800-722-3393 and

humanware.com.

The HumanWare logo is in the bottom right corner.

Target

The top of this ad says, "Target for all." To the left is a cartoon of two people sitting on the target bullseye, one on a laptop and the other on a phone.

There is a small cartoon dog sitting in front of the bullseye. Underneath the bullseye is the word "digital" with Braille dots below. The rest of the ad

says, "Target’s purpose is to help all families discover the joy of everyday life. Whether in our store or shopping online, we believe every blind person

has the right to an equal experience. Our team of accessibility experts work every day to make that happen. Learn more about our accessibility efforts:

target.com/accessibility.

We welcome your feedback, thoughts, and suggestions. Email the Accessibility team:

accessibility at target.com.

Here are two new ways you can access all Target has to offer: Explore same day services allowing you to customize how you shop all of our products in the

manner best fitting your lifestyle. Learn more at

http://bit.ly/tgt-same-day.

Aira service is available for free to assist you in all Target stores nationwide and while shopping online at Target.com. Learn more:

aira.io/target."

The bottom of the ad says, "Are you curious to hear more about Target's digital accessibility? Have questions about our apps, website, or stores? Join

our seminar listed in the agenda and meet some of our experienced accessibility consultants as they share our team's efforts continuing to make Target

an accessible shopping experience for all."

Silver

American Printing House

The right side of the ad features a photo of a hand using an APH tactile device. The American Printing House logo is in the top left corner, next to the

phrase, "The Braille Metamorphosis Has Begun!" It says, "Meet the Monarch, a dynamic tactile device that is capable of rendering multiple lines of Braille

and tactile graphics on the same surface. Developed by APH and HumanWare, in partnership with the NFB, the Monarch feature ten lines of thirty-two refreshable

Braille characters, in addition to a tactile array that displays images, such as charts, maps, or graphs. Stop by the APH booth to get hands on with this

revolutionary Braille device as well as many other great products."

Brown, Goldstein & Levy, LLP

The top center of this ad says "we’re all in." It features headshots of Brown, Goldstein, and Levy employees. Next to the photos it says, "Proud to support

the NFB's mission to advance the rights of blind individuals across the country." The Brown, Goldstein, ands Levy logo is in the bottom right, and underneath

it says, "Trial lawyers and advocates. Tell us your story." 120 East Baltimore St, Suite 2500, Baltimore, MD 21202, and at 1300 Eye Street NW, 8th Floor,

Washington, DC 20005. 410-962-1030 and

browngold.com.

JPMorgan Chase & Co

The left half of this ad includes a photo of a hand reading a Braille sign. The top right says, "Commitment to Access and Inclusion." It continues on to

say, "At JPMorgan Chase we want to help empower people with disabilities to grow their careers, develop job skills, reenter the workforce and gain expanded

access to well-paying careers. We proudly support the National Federation of the Blind for its developing innovative education, technology and training

programs and legislative advocacy that create pathways to independence and success for their constituents." The JPMorgan Chase & Co. logo is below, along

with a link to

jpmorganchase.com/odi.

Market Development Group

The top of the ad says, "Best wishes to the National Federation of the Blind for a successful 2023 National Convention in Houston, Texas." The middle of

the ad hosts the Market Development Group, Inc. logo, which is a triangle with three stripes on each side. It says, "Market Development Group, Inc. A full-service

marketing company. John Alahouzos, Executive Vice President." The address is 1834 Connecticut Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20009, USA. Phone number is 202-298-8030,

and website is

www.mdginc.org.

Pearson

The right side of the ad features a cartoon woman in a dress, carrying a briefcase up a swirling set of steps. The top says Pearson, preceded by an "@"

symbol. It says, "Pearson, the world's leading learning company, is proud to be a sponsor of the National Federation of the Blind's 2023 National Convention."

The bottom states, "Pearson is committed to making education accessible for all."

Tusk Philanthropies

The top of the ad says "Mobile Voting, with the V in voting as a check mark in front of a phone. The ad says, "Our mission is the expand voting option

to include secure, accessible mobile voting so any voter, regardless of ability, can vote from anywhere. Electronic remote ballot delivery and return options

are needed so voters with disabilities can vote independently and privately from home. We continue to stand with the National Federation of the Blind to

expand voting options." Learn more at

mobilevoting.org.

Bronze

Ellume

The left side of the ad shows an Ellume Covid-19 rapid test and materials outside of the box. There is a phone showing a negative test result. The right

side reads, "Accessibility is close to our heart. Screen reader-compatible in-app instructions. Easy to handle test components. Digital result in words."

The Ellume logo is in the bottom right, along with a link to their website

ellumecovidtest.com/accessibility.

Kellogg

The top of the ad features the Kellogg's logo. It says, "Kellogg is proud to be the first food company to feature NaviLens accessibility technology on

packaging in the U.S. It's just one of the ways we're creating a place at the table for everyone - and #BetterDays for 3 billion people by the end of 2030."

The bottom center of the ad says, “to learn more, visit

www.kelloggs.com/navilens."

The bottom right corner features a QR code linking to the Kellogg's webpage about NaviLens.

UserWay

The right side of the ad features a photo of a blind man smiling and using a computer with the UserWay logo on the back. It says, "UserWay, celebrating

NFB's 80 plus years of service. UserWay is committed to building an accessible web for everyone. Meet us at our interactive sessions and join the conversation."

VitalSource Technologies

VitalSource is written across the top. Underneath says, "designed with all learners in mind." The website is

get.vitalsource.com.

White Cane

Aira

The middle of the ad includes a QR code that links to the Aira Explorer App. The text reads, “Download the new Aira Explorer App. Aira, the leading company

in visual interpreting services, is proud to continue our partnership with the National Federation of the Blind." The bottom of the ad has the Aira logo,

and

http://www.aira.io.

Central Intelligence Agency

This ad features a photo of a woman in a wheelchair typing on a laptop. It says, “Everything you are is needed here. Be a part of a workforce that's as

diverse as the nation we serve." The CIA logo is sideways along the right side of the ad. The bottom says, "DEIA enables mission" and links to the CIA

careers page,

cia.gov/careers.

The Chicago Lighthouse

The top right says, "proud to be a White Cane Sponsor." The top half features a photo of a female teacher assisting a young boy in glasses with an educational

project. The Chicago Lighthouse logo is below the photo. The bottom half of the ad says, "Empowering people with disabilities. Providing education, technology,

and rehabilitation services to empower those who are blind, visually impaired, disabled, and Veterans." The social media icons for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram,

YouTube, and LinkedIn are shown at the bottom, along with their website

www.chicagolighthouse.org.

Computers for the Blind

The top of the ad says, "Computers for the Blind" with their logo, CFTB with the image of an eye in between the F and T. Below that says, "Special offer

while supplies last, $50 plus tax laptops. JAWS or ZoomText free for a year, Inteli5, 250GB SSD, 8GB RAM, upgrades available. The bottom right corner of

the ad includes a QR code that you can scan to sign up for future specials, training information, and more.

computersfortheblind.org

and 214-340-6328.

C&P-Chris Park Technology

This ad says, "C and P, known as Chris Park Technology, develops products for people with vision loss. CP is the real manufacturer of video magnifiers,

canes, cameras, software for Optelec, Enhanced Vision, Freedom Scientific, HumanWare Europe, Ai Squared, NFB, and other organizations. We have been working

with non-profit projects worldwide to help people. The world's first invention of iPhone compatible video magnifier, new true transportable i-loviewMAX,

i-lowview16, and more."

sales at chrisparkdesign.com.

The bottom of the ad features an image of a screen with i-loview13 pro, a folded retractable cane, and a man using a long white cane.

CVS Health

The CVS logo is across the bottom of the page. The ad reads, "Ever wish your pill bottle could talk? It can with Spoken Rx." An orange CVS pill bottle

is shown with a speaker icon next to it.

Democracy Live

The Democracy Live logo is across the top center. In the logo, the O in Democracy is replaced by a ballot checkmark. Underneath the logo it says, "Democracy

live—accessible voting technologies, anytime, anywhere. In too many states, voters with disabilities don’t have equal access to voting independently and

privately from home. Fortunately, there are new accessible at-home voting technologies now available. The Democracy Live OmniBallot accessible at-home

voting system is a fully ADA Section 508, WCAG 2.1 compliant remote ballot marking solution. The system has been tested to meet the accessibility requirements

of over 90combinations of browsers, operating systems, screen readers and devices. OmniBallot has been deployed as an accessible absentee tool since 2008,

in over 4,000 elections, serving more than 2,500jurisdictions, in 30states and 96 countries around the world. OmniBallot has been tested and reviewed by

members of most every leading disability organization in the nation. For further information, please contact Democracy Live." Call 855-655-VOTE (8683),

email

info at democracylive.com,

website

www.democracylive.com.

En-Vision America

The top right of the ad says, "visit us!" The background features a photo of an older man on a couch, looking frustrated with his head in his hand. He

is looking down at a pile of prescriptions on the table in front of him. The ad says, "accessible medication labeling" and shows an image of a Scrip Talk

device prompting the user to take two capsules daily. The bottom of the ad says "En-Vision America." They can be contacted at 1-800-890-1180 and

www.envisionamerica.com.

IKE Smart City

The left of this ad features a photo of a pedestrian using an IKE digital kiosk on the sidewalk in Houston. The top of the ad says, "Meet IKE. The interactive

digital kiosk that connects cities with people." To the right of the photo it says, "IKE smart city pioneers innovative technology to improve lives in

cities. Discovery, mobility, equity."

Independence Science

The top of the ad features the Independence Science logo, with their slogan, "empowering a new vision." The ad says, "Independence Science knows the unique

challenges that come with being blind in the science classroom. We’ve been there ourselves and are here to help! We have many offerings to make your science

experience a success! Tactile adaptation kits to make math and manipulatives easy. Lab gear kits have easy to use tactile science equipment. Custom consults

for students provide instruction with blind scientists. Consults for instructors and employers for sensitivity training. Pre-ETS instruction complete with

pre and post assessments available for a variety of budgets. Stop by to enter our daily drawings by telling us what you need for future science access

for the chance to win a special t-shirt. Your support and ideas make us all stronger together!"

Jackson Walker LLP

The background of this ad features a black and white photo of a city skyline with a park in the foreground. The ad reads, "Jackson Walker proudly supports

the National Federation of the Blind National Convention." Jackson Walker operates in Austin, Dallas, Fort Worth, Houston, San Angelo, and San Antonio.

Their website is

JW.com.

Leader Dogs for the Blind

The top of the ad asks, "Did you know Leader Dogs for the Blind also offers free O&M training?" and prompts us to visit

leadersog.org/programs

for more details. The left of the text has a black and white image of a person walking with a long white cane. The bottom of the ad says "Leader Dogs

for the Blind" and links to the social media, saying "Follow the leader" with the image for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Flikr, YouTube, and LinkedIn.

The left of this text is an image of a guide dog in a harness with their handle being held.

McGraw Hill

The top left corner of the ad includes the red McGraw Hill logo. It says, "McGraw Hill unlocks the potential for all learners. McGraw Hill believes that

the best learning materials should be accessible to students of all abilities. We are building an inclusive culture that considers the needs of every learner

from the onset and we are making every effort to ensure that all new educational content and technology follows the WCAG AA guidelines and best practices."

This ad includes a pink and red arrow starting on the top right, going down the right side to point at the phase "to learn more about the McGraw Hill commitment

to accessible learning." The bottom of the ad also shows a QR code and the link

mheducation.com/about/accessibility.

National Industries for the Blind

This ad features the NIB logo and says, "National Industries for the Blind is proud to partner with the National Federation of the Blind to advance interests

of people who are blind. Explore NIB.org."

Rosen, Bien, Galvan & Grunfeld, LLP

The top of the ad includes the Rosen Bien, Galvan, and Grunfeld LLP logo and says, “trial and appellate lawyers." Below that is the text, "RBGG is proud

to support the National Federation of the Blind so that blind people may live the lives they want." The bottom of the ad links to

rbgg.com

and says, "Advancing justice and solving problems on behalf of individuals and businesses for over 30 years."

Saavi Services for the Blind

At top center, Saavi appears in all lowercase. A Braille letter “i” replaces the title forming the letter “i” in Saavi. Services for the blind is written

in all lowercase beneath Saavi. Below the logo are the words “Proud to partner with the National Federation of the Blind at #NFB23.” Images of smiling

adult students reading Braille and using a computer appear inside of two large dots forming the Braille letter “i”. The phrase "It's not what you can see,

it's what you can do" wrap around each large dot in print and in Braille. “Visit our booth to learn more about our transformative non-visual programs”

appears centered above

www.saavi.us.

Tactile Engineering

This ad says, "introducing the Cadence Tactile Graphics Tablet. Tactile graphics, multi-line Braille, animated images. Visit Tactile Engineering's exhibit

hall booth to experience dynamic content, educational apps, and our arcade for the Blind, featuring dynamic video games on the new Cadence tablet."

www.tactile-engineering.com.

VA Office of Mental Health and Suicide Prevention’s (OMHSP) Suicide Prevention Program (SPP)

This ad reads, "Are you a Veteran in crisis or concerned about one? Reach out to the Veterans Crisis Line. Dial 988 then Press 1. Chat online at

veteranscrisisline.net/chat,

test 838255. You don't have to be enrolled in VA benefits or health care to connect." The top of the ad shows the Veterans Crisis Line logo, which is a

star encased in a chat text box, next to nine dots similar to the keys on a phone. The bottom of the ad has the US Department of Veterans Affairs seal.

Book traversal links for NFB23 Sponsors & Ads navigation region

Book traversal links for NFB23 Sponsors & Ads

list of 2 items

‹ NFB23 Navigating the Hotel

Up

list end

Book traversal links for NFB23 Sponsors & Ads navigation region end

article end

main region end

content information

National Federation of the Blind. Click to return to Homepage.

navigation region

list of 2 items

Donate

Join Us

list end

navigation region end

National Federation of the Blind

200 East Wells Street at Jernigan Place

Baltimore, Maryland 21230

Phone

410-659-9314

Email

nfb at nfb.org

Charity Watch logo; "Charity Watch; TOP-RATED."

Connect with Us navigation region

Connect with Us

list of 3 items

Facebook

Twitter

YouTube

list end

Connect with Us navigation region end

Subscribe to Our E-newsletter

navigation region

list of 5 items

Our Community

list of 8 items nesting level 1

People Who Are Blind

People Losing Vision

Parents of Blind Children

Blind Parents

Seniors

Students

Educators

Employers

list end nesting level 1

Get Involved

list of 6 items nesting level 1

Join Us

Ways to Give

National Convention

Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion

Membership Building

Calendar

list end nesting level 1

Programs & Services

list of 16 items nesting level 1

Independence Market

Free White Cane Program

Center of Excellence in Nonvisual Access

Advocacy

NFB-NEWSLINE®

Education

Employment