[Ohio-Talk] General Info Liaisons

Richard Payne rchpay7 at gmail.com
Sat May 13 14:41:41 UTC 2023

Dear Ohio:

The message is from the national office, and this is the only information
that I have if you think you could assist and meet the requirements write me
off list.

 Dear NFB Affiliate members:

As most (if not all) of you know, we receive more than one hundred calls and
emails each week from people who are in need of connections and resources.
Most of the people who reach out are new to blindness and have lots of
questions. In addition to newcomers, we hear from family members, healthcare
workers, friends, educational institutions, housing facilities, and
community-serving establishments who contact us for guidance. As the work of
the Federation continues to expand and reach more areas of society, the
number of requests we receive continues to grow.
In an effort to provide more support, we have developed a paid opportunity
for Federationists to field some of these requests, but we need your help
with identifying members who would be a good fit.
Below are some of the criteria for a member to be considered and move on to
the interview process. Please take a few minutes to think about the members
within your affiliate and or division who may be interested and available to
work on this project. Once you've confirmed that they are willing,
The General Info Liaisons should:
*	Have a strong Federation philosophy and be comfortable owning
his/her/their blindness.
*	Be calm and even-tempered, even when dealing with dissatisfied
callers.
*	Have access to a quiet space, computer, reliable connection to the
Internet, and a phone (we will provide a Google Voice number to protect
personal information).
*	Be comfortable searching the Internet for resources.
*	Be able to learn our request tracking system (training will be
provided).

Thank you!

Richard Payne,  President
937/829/3368