[Ohio-Talk] Amessage from Emily Kiehl about STEM2U .

Richard Payne rchpay7 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 26 18:59:55 UTC 2024

	Hi everyone!

If you are receiving this *super special* email, you might have expressed
interest previously in volunteering for STEM2U or be someone who has been a
rockstar NFB volunteer in the past. We would love to have you at STEM2U in
Ohio this year!

STEM2U will be held on Thursday, May 23rd 2024 at the Ohio State School for
the Blind. The address is 5220 N High St, Columbus, OH 43214.
We are looking for volunteers to:

Assist with setup (2:30-3:30 pm) and teardown (7:30-8:15 pm).

Assist students with NFB STEM2U activities (3:30-7:30 pm)

Working with students and families before, during, and after the event

Drive attendees and volunteers to and from the event (current needs in
Cincinnati, Columbus and Medina)

If you are interested, please fill out this form:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScYevYHePK-MWAD_oEp6pkBh8rwOb6x746i
mAEkOF4X-zsEIg/viewform?usp=sharing
Volunteers will have an interview with Ohio STEM2U coordinators. If over 18,
the volunteer will need to take the NFB background check (unless they have
taken one since May 23, 2023). Background check fees will be covered by NFB.
If under 18, a parent/guardian needs to sign a form allowing the minor to
volunteer.

We will provide training beforehand via Zoom and during the setup time from
8-10 am.

We are seeking volunteers who have high expectations of blind students and a
positive philosophy on blindness. Experience in STEM is not required.

If you are interested in volunteering or have any questions, please contact
me (Emily Kiehl) at emilydkiehl at gmail.com <mailto:emilydkiehl at gmail.com>  or
(813) 394-2720.

We will be in contact with you on the interview and background check.

Looking forward to making this program awesome.
Thank you!
Emily Kiehl

Richard Payne,  President
937/829/3368