[Ohio-Talk] Meet Caitlyn Head, the NFB of Ohio 2024 and 2025 Scholarship Recipient **New Deadline July 1st**
Ivory Love
ivory193 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 15:46:10 UTC 2026
The NFB of Ohio Scholarship Changed My Life It Could Change Yours Too
Meet Caitlyn Head, the NFB of Ohio 2024 and 2025 Scholarship Recipient.
"My name is Caitlyn, and I have been fortunate to receive National
Federation of the Blind of Ohio scholarships in both 2024 and 2025. These
scholarships have had such a profound impact on my life that I truly
believe I would not be on the career path I am pursuing today or be the
person I am today without them.
After graduating from Olmsted Falls High School in 2023, I began studying
music at Baldwin Wallace University. When unexpected faculty changes
required me to transfer schools, the NFB of Ohio scholarship helped make it
possible for me to continue pursuing my dream. Today, I am studying music
education at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign and working toward
a career where I can share my passion for music with future generations.
The scholarship's impact went far beyond financial support. Through
attending the NFB of Ohio State Conventions in 2024 and 2025, I gained
valuable knowledge, lifelong friendships, mentors, and connections with
blind leaders who continue to inspire and support me. These experiences
have helped shape who I am today and strengthened my commitment to making a
difference in my community.
I am incredibly grateful for the opportunities these scholarships have
provided, and I look forward to meeting future scholarship recipients and
seeing how this program helps them achieve their goals."Now it's your turn!
The National Federation of the Blind of Ohio is currently accepting
applications for its 2026 Scholarship Program. Three outstanding blind
students will be selected to receive scholarships and support to attend the
2026 NFB of Ohio State Convention this November.
New Deadline Alert!
Application Deadline: July 1st, 2026
Apply now:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSenGC5Fl_uPJd68K3Y4QxDmETV14ZXubSQXSUmDL9RXsq_KsA/viewform?usp=send_form
For more information, visit nfbohio.org or contact Kinshuk Tella at mailto:
kinshuk.tella at gmail.com.
Please share this opportunity with blind students across Ohio. One
application could open the door to new opportunities, lasting connections,
leadership development, and a brighter future.
Ivory Thomas
National Federation of the Blind of Ohio
Board of Directors, Vice President Miami Valley Chapter, Promotion and
Publicity Committee
📧 ivory193 at gmail.com
"The one thing that's worse than being visually impaired is having sight
with no VISION!"
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://nfbnet.org/pipermail/ohio-talk_nfbnet.org/attachments/20260601/882ded16/attachment.htm>
More information about the Ohio-Talk
mailing list