[Ohio-Talk] Voting warning

Andra Stover andra.stover at outlook.com
Wed May 6 21:18:42 UTC 2026


Good afternoon, Barbara, thanks for the update.
Andra

Get Outlook for iOS<https://aka.ms/o0ukef>
________________________________
From: Ohio-Talk <ohio-talk-bounces at nfbnet.org> on behalf of Barbara Pierce via Ohio-Talk <ohio-talk at nfbnet.org>
Sent: Wednesday, May 6, 2026 1:52:21 PM
To: NFB of Ohio Announcement List <ohio-talk at nfbnet.org>
Cc: Barbara Pierce <barbara.pierce9366 at gmail.com>
Subject: [Ohio-Talk] Voting warning

I had an experience yesterday in voting that I want to warn people about. I voted in the Democratic primary. All went as expected until my review of my voting choices. Only about half of my votes were reported to me. For example Lorain County had two levies on the ballot. I voted in each one, but only one of my votes was reported. Only one of the two Supreme Court elections was reported. There were five or six more votes that were not even mentioned in the review. I knew that I had voted in each vote listed, and stupidly I did not take my printed ballot to the official to have the print checked. As I thought about it later, I decided that I should report the problem to the Board of Elections today. They can figure out which machine of all the ones in the county was the one I had trouble with, but of course there is nothing they can do about seeing whether or not my votes were all counted. If there had been a problem, I would have had to vote all over again on a provisional ballot with an official marking my ballot, which would have been a pain and time consuming, but at least my vote would have been counted.


Barbara Pierce (she, her, hers)
President Emerita
National Federation of the Blind of Ohio
Barbara.pierce9366 at gmail.com
440-774-8077


The National Federation of the Blind knows that blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Every day we raise expectations for blind people because low expectations create obstacles between blind people and their dreams. You can live the life you want; blindness is not what holds you back.

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://nfbnet.org/pipermail/ohio-talk_nfbnet.org/attachments/20260506/a14d7e21/attachment.htm>


More information about the Ohio-Talk mailing list