[PABS] Minutes 2-28-16

Deniz Aydemir Döke daydemird at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 19:30:27 UTC 2016

Thank you Lizzy;
By the way, as far as I know, the scholarship  due date of PA is
around august 15 generally.
warmly
Deniz

On 3/1/16, Lizzy via PABS <pabs at nfbnet.org> wrote:
> Hi All,
> The minutes from Sunday night are pasted below! Please let me
> know if there are any mistakes and I will certainly correct them!
> Best,
> Lizzy
>
> 2-28-16 Minutes
> Present: Hindley (president), Lily (vice-president), Lizzy
> (Secretary), Jason (treasurer), India (Board Member), Preston
> (member), Marta (member), Ryan (member).
> Meeting called to order: 7:34 pm
> Affirming Old Minutes: The last meeting's notes were affirmed and
> are now official minutes.
> Treasurers Report: $522.41 in the account.
> Student Seminar:
> We are partnering with the student division of NJ (NJABS) to host
> a seminar in April! It will be held in Trenton at TCNJ (a college
> in Jersey).  There was a last minute call last week.  Hindley was
> the only PA person able to make it (which is totally fine), she
> spoke up about PABS' concerns (making this an interactive
> seminar).  The students from NJ agree.
> Recap of the call: They came up with some general ideas for the
> seminar.  PA and NJ will be taking turns hosting the calls.  On
> march 6 at 7:00 pm there will be another planning call hosted by
> PA.  Hindley stressed the idea that it is a 50-50 collaborative
> effort.
> India asked if we would be using this same conference line.
> Hindley says that she is not sure yet, (it will be announced
> later), but it will definitely be next sunday at 7:00 pm.
> Since we will be planning the seminar with NJ we will not talk
> about it without them present.
> Lily said that our usual line will be occupied (by the PA board
> so Hindley will look into other options for hosting the call).
> The meeting began to wrap up after about 15 minutes or so.
> Hindley knows that this was a short call and says that our next
> few will probably be very short.  Next month be prepared to talk
> about National Convention (if you're going, if you have
> fundraising ideas, if you want to go but do not have the funds
> etc.).
> Lily: Asked if we'll be doing a candy fundraiser at convention.
> Hindley says that we'll talk about it next month.
> Ryan reminds everyone about the national scholarship deadline of
> March 31, 2016.  He asked if any past scholarship winners would
> be willing to help out with the application process.  Lizzy, Lily
> and Jason (passed national scholarship winners) are more than
> willing to help anyone applying.
> Hindley reminds everyone about the Pennsylvania State
> Scholarship, but was not sure when the deadline was so Lily will
> get that info and post it to Facebook.
> Lizzy reminds everyone to subscribe to the PABS email list to
> receive minutes in the future.  She will post them on Facebook
> this month because it is a transition period.  By the end of this
> week she will make a "Whose on List", post to the PABS list
> serve.
> [...]

Deniz Aydemir Doke

Counselor Education doctoral candidate & graduate assistant

Department of Educational Psychology, Counseling, and Special Education

The Pennsylvania State University

Confidentiality Notice: The information in this email is intended only
for the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain
information that is privileged or confidential. If you are not the
intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for
delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby
communication is strictly prohibited, and you are requested to please
notify us immediately by telephone, and destroy the original message.