[PABS] 🎉A New Episode of White Canes Connect is Available🎉

David Goldstein david at iCantCU.com
Thu Apr 11 04:46:23 UTC 2024

Hey there, PA Federationists!

In this 100th episode of White Canes Connect, Mark Riccobono, President of the National Federation of the Blind, joins Lisa and me for a celebratory and insightful discussion. President Riccobono reflects on the podcast's journey, emphasizing its role in amplifying the voices of the blind community and fostering a sense of belonging and empowerment. He shares his journey with blindness, highlighting the transformative impact of finding mentorship and a supportive community within the Federation.

We discussed the militant tag that some outside our organization give us. I especially enjoyed the story he told about being with some Federationists and being denied entry to a ride-share because of a guide dog. Listen to see what Gary Wunder did!

President Riccobono talks about his lifelong love of baseball and his thrill of throwing out the first pitch twice, once in Baltimore and once in Houston. We also talk about real-time audio in ballparks and he offers suggestions on getting a team to make it available.

Listen via this direct download <https://traffic.libsyn.com/whitecanesconnect/white_canes_connect_100_post.mp3>, the episode webpage that includes show notes <https://whitecanesconnect.libsyn.com/a-conversation-with-president-mark-riccobono-to-celebrate-our-100th-episode>, or the podcast directories below.
Apple Podcasts: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/white-canes-connect/id1592248709 <https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/white-canes-connect/id1592248709>
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/1YDQSJqpoteGb1UMPwRSuI <https://open.spotify.com/show/1YDQSJqpoteGb1UMPwRSuI>
IHeartRadio: https://www.iheart.com/podcast/263-white-canes-connect-89603482/ <https://www.iheart.com/podcast/263-white-canes-connect-89603482/>
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@pablindpodcast <https://www.youtube.com/@pablindpodcast>

You can even listen on your smart speakers; just say, "Play White Canes Connect."

As always, if you have questions, comments, ideas, or anything else, email us at whitecanesconnect at gmail.com <mailto:whitecanesconnect at gmail.com> or call (267) 338-4495 to leave us a voicemail that we may use on an upcoming episode.

Regards,

David

David Goldstein
david at iCantCU.com
(610) 715-5020 mobile
www.iCantCU.com <https://www.icantcu.com/>
iCantCU Podcast
Apple Podcasts <https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/icantcu-podcast/id1445801370> | Spotify <https://open.spotify.com/show/3nck2D5HgD9ckSaUQaWwW2> | IHeartRadio <https://www.iheart.com/podcast/256-icantcu-podcast-31157111/>
Support The Podcast When You Shop
Amazon <https://www.icantcu.com/amazon>
Connect with me:
Twitter <https://twitter.com/davidbenj> | Instagram <https://www.instagram.com/davidbenj/> | LinkedIn <https://www.linkedin.com/in/davidbenj> | Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/davidbenj>