[PACapitalChapter] State Convention reminder

Brian Mackey bmackey88 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 16:18:25 UTC 2020

National Federation of the Blind of Pennsylvania 2020 Annual STATE
CONVENTION

Thursday, November 12 through Sunday, November 15, 2020

The 2020 State Convention of the National Federation of the Blind of
Pennsylvania currently will be held at

Sheraton Station Square
300 West Station Square
Pittsburgh, PA 15219

Please note that this might change due to the COVID-19 outbreak. We will
inform all if there is a change of venue.

We are proud to announce that Jennifer Kennedy, executive director of BLIND,
Inc., will be serving as our national rep this year.

Mark your calendars and make every effort to attend the 2020 state
convention of the NFB of Pennsylvania. Get Involved. Make a Difference!
Please share with others, everyone is welcome!

Online Registration

 <http://nfbp.org/convention/reg> Online Registration is now open for the
2020 NFB of Pennsylvania convention. Registration with the convention is
required in order to be eligible for our discounted room rates at the hotel.
Sponsor our event, sign up to be an exhibitor, register for professional
technology training, purchase your convention meals, and register people for
door prizes all through the  <http://nfbp.org/convention/reg> online
convention registration form.

Room Reservations

The Sheraton Station Square is now accepting room reservations for the state
convention. To make your reservation 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, please
dial 412-261-2000 and use the group name National Federation of the Blind
2020, or visit
<https://www.marriott.com/event-reservations/reservation-link.mi?id=15820376
83643&key=GRP&app=resvlink>
www.marriott.com/event-reservations/reservation-link.mi?id=1582037683643&key
=GRP&app=resvlink. The best time to call is during regular business hours,
9:00 am to 6:00 pm. The 2020 room rate is $115 a night. Hotel room rates are
subject to applicable state and local taxes, which at present is 14% and
will be in effect at the time of check-out. (Note: we have received this
lower rate, and this does not include the breakfast buffet).

For those considering arriving early, there is a limited number of available
guest rooms as another group will be occupying most of the hotel on
Wednesday, November 11. Don't hesitate, please make your room reservations
as soon as possible. Our block of rooms are available until Wednesday,
October 21, and any remaining rooms will become available to the general
public. You will need a credit card to secure your reservation, There will
be no charge to your card until you arrive at the hotel. Refrigerators will
be available in all sleeping rooms this year. In addition, there are a
limited number of wheelchair accessible rooms and if needed, make it known
when you are making your room reservation.

Note: if you can not attend and you have made hotel reservations, don't call
the hotel to cancel. Please call Lynn Heitz at 215-988-0888. Lynn usually
has a waiting list to review as many learn about the state convention after
Wednesday, October 21.

Additional Information

Additional information will be posted as soon as it becomes available at
www.nfbp.org/convention <http://www.nfbp.org/convention> .

If you have any questions, please contact one of the following people:

Joseph Drenth, Convention Chair
Phone: 215-827-7787
Email:  <mailto:convention at nfbp.org> convention at nfbp.org

Lynn Heitz, NFB of Pennsylvania President
Phone: 215-988-0888
Email:  <mailto:president at nfbp.org> president at nfbp.org