[PACapitalChapter] February 2021 Meeting Minutes

CAROLE cacruise at comcast.net
Sun Feb 21 01:19:07 UTC 2021

February 20, 2021
Virtual Zoom Meeting began at 10am & ended about 11am
Zoom number for meetings: 215-988-0888

-Attendance:
Tim McCarthy, Christine Callahan, Jerry Curelo, Lynn Heitz, Hilary McFadden, Jason Polansky, Mark Pickens, Rob Farrabaugh, Carole Cruise

-Washington Seminar:
Jason shared he attended and it was a positive experience overall. There were numerous meetings focusing on voting, medical and technological accessibility issues and they met with Senators Casey and Toomey.

-Election of Capital Chapter Officers for 2021 was held.

-Nominations & Voting were modeled by Lynn Heitz to get us started and then Jason took over.
Election Results:
President: Jason Polansky
Vice President: Tim McCarthy
Treasurer: Carlton Walker
Secretary: Carole Cruise
Board Member: Mark Pickens

-Short discussion about actual number of board members allowed by our Chapter constitution. Lynn was going to check our original constitution to see how many were allowed and if any amendments had been made. Number is usually based on size and number of chapter members.

-Jason brought up having a speaker about the Non24 Sleep/wake cycle attend our meeting. Members were interested to learn more so Jason will schedule the speaker.

-We still have Panera Gift cards for sale. Lynn will check about proceeds of sales being transferred from the affiliate account into our chapter account.

-PA State convention will be held November 11 through the 14th, 2021 at the Crown Plaza Hotel in Harrisburg. Rooms will be $99 per night. That means we are the host chapter!
Let’s get some exciting ideas and plans for the hospitality suite! The hotel is near the train station so it has good accessibility .
Lynn shared that due to changes in reservations from Covid cancellations we could not reschedule in Pittsburgh this year but will have our convention there in 2022.

-National Convention will again be virtual this year and will be held 7-6-21 through 7-10-21.
Plans are to be in person in 2022 in New Orleans.

-Friday 3-13-21 through Sunday 3-15-21 is a Leadership Seminar in State College.

-Lynn encouraged everyone to listen to the live monthly Presidential Releases. Jason will post a link on the Capital Chapter Mailing list for easier access.

Respectfully submitted:

Carole Cruise
Secretary, Capital Chapter

Sent from XFINITY Connect Mobile App