[PACapitalChapter] First chapter meeting of the year tomorrow!

Carlton Anne Cook Walker attorneywalker at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 16:49:27 UTC 2021

Nick,

Unfortunately, the answer is no. According to our chapter constitution, one
must be a member to vote for officers (Article 5 of our Chapter
constitution), and one can be a member of the Chapter only by paying dues
(Section 1 of Article 3 of our Chapter constitution), and our dues are set
at $10 per year (By-Law 1 of our Chapter constitution).

I did my best to share reminders about the need to pay 2021 dues in order
to vote in our Chapter elections, beginning with our November 2020 meeting.
The most recent reminder, which I sent on January 1, 2021, included this
guidance, "Please send your 2021 dues at your earliest convenience. Only
individuals who have paid their dues may vote in our Chapter elections on
the third Saturday in January: January 16. Given that we cannot meet in
person, I will need to receive your dues at least one week prior to the
election in order to ensure that you are permitted to vote in the election.
This timetable leaves just one week for any individual who wishes to vote in
or stand for election in our Chapter's January 16, 2021 election."

I hope this information helps. Thank you,
Carlton

Carlton Anne Cook Walker
Attorney at Law
BEAR--Blindness Education and Advocacy Resources
Teacher of Students with Blindness/Low Vision
President, National Organization of Parents of Blind Children (NOPBC)
101 Kelly Drive
Carlisle, PA   17015
Voice: 717-658-9894
Twitter: BrailleMom

*This message is not intended or offered as legal advice. * These materials
have been prepared for educational and information purposes only.  They are
not legal advice or legal opinions on any specific matters.  Transmission
of the information is not intended to create, and receipt does not
constitute, a lawyer-client relationship between this site, the author(s),
or the publisher, and you or any other user.  Internet subscribers and
online readers should not act, or fail to act, upon this information
without seeking professional counsel.  No person should act or fail to act
on any legal matter based on the contents of this site.  Unless expressly
stated otherwise, no document herein should be assumed to be produced by an
attorney licensed in your state.

This message is from the law firm Carlton Anne Cook Walker, Attorney at
Law.
This message and any attachments may contain legally privileged or
confidential information and are intended only for the individual or entity
identified above as the addressee.
If you are not the addressee, or if this message has been addressed to you
in error, you are not authorized to read, copy, or distribute this message
and any attachments.
You are hereby requested to please delete this message and attachments
(including all copies) and notify the sender by return e-mail or by phone
at 717-658-9894.
Delivery of this message and any attachments to any person other than the
intended recipient(s) is not intended in any way to waive confidentiality
or any privilege.