[PACapitalChapter] NFB of PA: Celebrating our veterans during the 2021 state convention!

Brian Mackey bmackey88 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 21:14:21 UTC 2021

Come Join Us At the 2021 Convention of the National Federation of the Blind
of Pennsylvania

November 11th through Nov. 14 where we will be:

Celebrating our Veterans

On Thursday evening, November 11th the NFB of PA will be holding a
celebration of our Veterans.

Emily Gindlesperger, 2nd Vice President has arranged this special
Celebration in honor of Veterans Day.  Members of the National Association
of Blind Veterans   will be in attendance.

Come  join Us!

Registration information is below

The 2021 State Convention of the National Federation of the Blind of
Pennsylvania will be held at

Crowne Plaza Harrisburg
23 South Second Street
Harrisburg, PA 17101

Please note that portions of the convention will be recorded for archival
purposes on our website.

Mark your calendars and make every effort to attend the 2021 state
convention of the NFB of Pennsylvania. Get Involved. Make a Difference!
Please share with others, everyone is welcome!

Room Reservations

The Crowne Plaza is now accepting room reservations for the state
convention. To make your reservation 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, please
dial 717-234-5021 and state that you are attending the NFB of Pennsylvania
state convention. The best time to call is during regular business hours,
9:00 am to 6:00 pm. The 2021 room rate is $99 a night. Hotel room rates are
subject to applicable state and local taxes, which at present is 6% and will
be in effect at the time of check-out.

For those considering arriving early, there is a limited number of available
guest rooms as another group will be occupying most of the hotel on
Wednesday, November 10. Don't hesitate, please make your room reservations
as soon as possible. Our block of rooms are available until Wednesday,
October 20, and any remaining rooms will become available to the general
public. You will need a credit card to secure your reservation, There will
be no charge to your card until you arrive at the hotel. In addition, there
are a limited number of wheelchair accessible rooms and if needed, make it
known when you are making your room reservation.

Online Registration

 <http://nfbp.org/convention/reg> Online Registration is now open for the
2021 NFB of Pennsylvania convention. Registration with the convention is
required in order to be eligible for our discounted room rates at the hotel.
Sponsor our event, sign up to be an exhibitor, register for professional
technology training, purchase your convention meals, and register people for
door prizes all through the online convention registration form.

Please note that the reduced convention registration rate of $15 per person
will only be available till September 30. Starting on October 1, the cost to
register for the convention will increase to $25 per person. The
registration cost for professionals attending only the Technology Seminar on
Thursday, November 11, to obtain their continuing education credits will be
at $35 per person both before and after September 30.

VETERANS DAY CELEBRATION REGISTRATION:

On the evening of Thursday, November 11, we will be holding a Veterans Day
Celebration. During this event, we will be recognizing our vets and military
service members, or their family members. If you are a veteran or a military
service member, or a family member of a veteran or military service member,
and wish to have the opportunity to be recognized during this event, please
complete the registration form at
<http://www.nfbp.org/convention/veterans-day-celebration-registration>
www.nfbp.org/convention/veterans-day-celebration-registration. The soft
deadline for submissions is October 1 with a firm deadline of October 15.
Please note that first preference of those being recognized for this event
will go to veterans and military service members, or their family members,
residing in Pennsylvania.

SPONSORS & EXHIBITORS:

For those wishing to be a sponsor of this year's convention, payments for
the following must be received no later than October 1 either via check or
via the  <http://nfbp.org/convention/reg> online registration form:

Gold Sponsorship Level (donation of $1000 or more):

*	4 Banquet seats
*	Exhibit Hall table for Thursday and/or Friday
*	30 minutes in the Virtual Exhibit Hall

Silver Sponsorship Level (donation of $750):

*	2 Banquet seats
*	Exhibit Hall table for Thursday and/or Friday
*	30 minutes in the Virtual Exhibit Hall

Bronze Sponsorship Level (donation of $500):

*	1 Banquet seat
*	Exhibit Hall table for Thursday and/or Friday
*	30 minutes in the Virtual Exhibit Hall

The vendor room will be open during the following days and times:

*	Thursday, November 11: 1:00pm - 5:00pm
*	Friday, November 12: 9:00am - 4:00pm

For those registering as an exhibitor only for this year's convention, and
will attend in person, payment for the following prices must be received no
later than October 1 either via check or via the online registration form:

*	Only Thursday, November 11: $75
*	Only Friday, November 12: $100
*	Both days: $150

Additional Information

Additional information will be posted as soon as it becomes available. Check
www.nfbp.org/convention <http://www.nfbp.org/convention>  often for any
updates.

If you have any questions, please contact one of the following people:

Joseph Drenth, Convention Chair
Phone: 215-827-7787
Email: convention at nfbp.org <mailto:convention at nfbp.org>

Lynn Heitz, NFB of Pennsylvania President
Phone: 215-988-0888
Email: president at nfbp.org <mailto:president at nfbp.org>