[PACapitalChapter] FW: [NFBP-Talk] #GivingTuesday

Brian Mackey bmackey88 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 28 17:38:36 UTC 2023

From: NFBP-Talk <nfbp-talk-bounces at nfbnet.org> On Behalf Of Emily
Gindlesperger via NFBP-Talk
Sent: Tuesday, November 28, 2023 12:36 PM
To: Nfbp-talk <Nfbp-talk at nfbnet.org>
Cc: Emily Gindlesperger <skewbdobdo at verizon.net>
Subject: [NFBP-Talk] #GivingTuesday

Dear Friends of the Federation,

As the leaves turn golden and the season of giving embraces us, we reach out
to you on a day that rekindles the spirit of community and generosity -
#GivingTuesday. This year, we invite you to participate in a movement that
lights up lives: supporting the National Federation of the Blind of
Pennsylvania.

Since our inception in 1940, the National Federation of the Blind has been a
beacon of hope and empowerment for those who are blind or visually impaired.
Our mission is to support and revolutionize how blindness is perceived and
experienced, especially here in Pennsylvania.

Why Your Support Matters?

*	Diverse Community Involvement: Our monthly meetings are a testament
to our inclusive approach, catering to blind seniors, students, parents of
blind children, blind parents, guide dog users, and individuals who are
deaf/blind, among others.
*	Innovative Programs: This year, at our state convention in
Harrisburg, we held the Senior Possibilities Fair and introduced the
Diabetes Action Network. These initiatives are changing lives by offering
resources and support to those adjusting to vision loss and those losing
sight due to diabetes.
*	Advocacy for Accessibility: Our recent advocacy in Washington, DC,
has been pivotal in pushing for legislation that benefits the blind
community in Pennsylvania. From accessible medical devices to user-friendly
websites and mobile applications, we are at the forefront of creating a
world that is more inclusive and accessible.

Your Contribution is a Ray of Hope

Every donation, big or small, fuels our mission. It enables us to reach out
to more individuals, letting them know they are not alone in their journey.
With your support, we continue to shatter misconceptions about blindness and
prove that with the right resources, every individual can lead a fulfilling
and independent life.

How to Donate?

Contributing is easy. Please visit  <http://www.nfbofpa.org/give>
http://www.nfbofpa.org/give to make your donation. Your generosity today can
transform a life tomorrow.

For more insights into our work and the lives we touch, we welcome you to
visit our website:  <http://www.nfbofpa.org/> www.nfbofpa.org.

On behalf of the National Federation of the Blind of Pennsylvania, we thank
you for considering this heartfelt request. Together, let's make
#GivingTuesday a milestone for the blind and visually impaired community in
Pennsylvania.

With gratitude,

Lynn Heitz

President,

National Federation of the Blind of Pennsylvania

P.S. Remember, every act of giving has the power to inspire and uplift.
Share your support on social media and encourage others to join this noble
cause. #NFBofPA #GivingTuesday