[Perform-talk] Sing Out Mag

Brad Dunse brad at braddunsemusic.com
Mon Jul 12 15:07:14 UTC 2010

Donna,

Thanks for the info. That's too bad there is a low subscriber stat on the
accessible format. Perhaps because it isn't all that accessible? If you are
getting an RTF that is columnized, how is the Word doc any different? I'd
be interested in the articles as well, I like to get in the head of folks,
find out what makes them tick and etc. :). I had wrote Mark to see if the
accessible one was still available the other day so we'll see what he says.

Thanks.

Brad

At 09:45 AM 7/12/2010, you wrote:
> [...]
>send out (it's a quarterly publication). The .rtf arrives via e-mail.
>
>One thing you should look into is going online to:
>singout.org
>and seeing what's available in terms of the calendar of events. I'm not
>sure what you're looking for, but if it's the names  of clubs and
>festivals, rather than the articles about performers and the folk
>community, maybe the site can meet your needs.
>
>The magazine is having financial problems. I am doing a series about them
>for their 60th anniversary, which is running on Suite 101. So far, some of
>the people I have interviewed are: singer-songwriters Ellis Paul, Steve
>Gillette, Sara Hickman, Uke Jackson, Wanda Fisher (folk deejay from
>upstate NY) and Mark Moss the editor.
>
>HTH,
>Donna
>
>Read Donna's articles on
>Suite 101:
>www.suite101.com/profile.cfm/donna_hill
>American Chronicle:
>www.americanchronicle.com/authors/view/3885
>
>Connect with Donna on
>Twitter:
>www.twitter.com/dewhill
>LinkedIn:
>www.linkedin.com/in/dwh99
>FaceBook:
>www.facebook.com/donna.w.hill.
>
>Hear clips from "The Last Straw" at:
>cdbaby.com/cd/donnahill
>Apple I-Tunes
>phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?playListId=259244374
>
>Check out the "Sound in Sight" CD project Donna is Head of Media Relations
>for the nonprofit Performing Arts Division of the National Federation of
>the Blind:
>www.padnfb.org
>

>Brad Dunse wrote:
>>Do any of y'all get Sing Out mag in the accessible format they offer?
>>Would the contents benefit an indy performing songwriter in the folk,
>>folk-pop, folk-country,  acoustic, semi-commercial strain? Thanks in
>>advance for any info you can give on the mag.
>>
>>Brad
>>

>>Brad Dunse
>>
>>Opportunity often comes disguised in the form of misfortune, or temporary
>>defeat
>>
>>E Mail: brad at braddunsemusic.com
>>
>>Website: http://www.braddunsemusic.com
>>
>>Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1464323555
>>
>>Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/braddunse
>>
>>MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/braddunse

>>Perform-talk:
>>http://www.nfbnet.org/mailman/options/perform-talk_nfbnet.org/penatwork%40epix.net
>>

>>=======
>>Email scanned by PC Tools - No viruses or spyware found.
>>(Email Guard: 7.0.0.18, Virus/Spyware Database: 6.15400)
>>http://www.pctools.com/
>>=======
>

>=======
>Email scanned by PC Tools - No viruses or spyware found.
>(Email Guard: 7.0.0.18, Virus/Spyware Database: 6.15410)

Brad Dunse

The greater danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we
miss it,
but that it is too low and we reach it

E Mail: brad at braddunsemusic.com