[Perform-talk] [musictlk] Audio Interfaces

Cameron Strife cameron at cameronstrife.com
Sat Dec 6 19:33:07 UTC 2014

Hi. Okay, here you go. I've narrowed sweetwater's offerings to three
in your budget. Some brands I skipped due to buggy drivers or poor
quality preamps etc. Note: I do not work for sweetwater;I promote them
because they have great customer service and great prices. (Although
maybe I should work for them. Lol.)

The most reliable and accessible USB audio drivers are from focusrite
and mackie at present...

If I were mostly recording live solo or duo work etc, this would be my
choice in this price range as far as USB goes. You have plenty of
control and great sounding mic preamps and eq with this
mixer/interface... You have two pairs of main outs as well as a
dedicated headphone preamp. No dedicated talkback, midi or spdif
ports!

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/ProFX12

Second, this combo is an amazing deal! It's the focusrite scarlett 2I2
USB interface and the blue bluebird condenser microphone. You get two
microphone/instrument preamps on this interface...

If I had the cash, I'd jump on this because this is normally the cost
of just the microphone but along with the microphone, shock mount, and
case, you get the focusrite interface and the focusrite plug in suite
which is quite good. Note: this interface has no midi ports and no
spdif ports! There are left and right trs audio main outs but no
dedicated headphone jack/preamp. You can easily work around that
though...

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/BlueBirdScarBun

Finally, this is a similar focusrite scarlet interface, but, you have
midi in and out ports as well as spdif in and out if you'd need
them...

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Scarlett6i6