[Perform-talk] Enchanted Hills Camp This Summer - Fresh Sessions including TouchSTEM and Horse Camp

LightHouse for the Blind and Visually Impaired lhnews at lighthouse-sf.org
Wed Mar 18 22:22:17 UTC 2015

Join us at Enchanted Hills Camp for the Blind this summer!

Situated on a rugged mountain awash in natural beauty, Enchanted Hills Camp for the Blind in Napa, California is one of the only programs of its kind dedicated to blind, visually impaired, deaf-blind and multi-disabled participants. Since 1950 Enchanted Hills has been a place for campers of all ages to make friends, try new things and have unparalleled opportunities to explore and create.

Do you know anyone who would like to experience the magic of Enchanted Hills Camp for the Blind?  To apply or learn more: call (415) 694-7310 or visit www.enchantedhillscamp.org<http://www.enchantedhillscamp.org>

We've highlighted some of our very special sessions below. Go to www.enchantedhillscamp.org<http://www.enchantedhillscamp.org> for a full list of camp sessions including our kids (youth) sessions, teen sessions and adult and family camp sessions.

Just One Month Left to Sign up for High School Chemistry Camp

"What I love about Chemistry Camp is the metamorphosis the students go through. They come in timid about doing chemistry and leave excited to study whatever they want, regardless of their blindness."

-Chemistry Camp Lead Instructor Hoby Wedler

The LightHouse is pleased to partner again with Accessible Science to introduce an educational, exciting and hands-on weekend of chemistry this May in the fresh air of Enchanted Hills Camp.

When: Friday, May 1 through Sunday, May 3

Where: Enchanted Hills Camp for the Blind, Napa

Deadline to apply: April 15, 2015

Read more about Chemistry Camp at bit.ly/chemcamp2015.

***

New Extra Teen Track at Enchanted Hills: Wild Science with WizKidz

Parents, enroll your kids! This summer we're offering a special tactile STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) breakout session to our Youth camp that will include cool and fun activities such as building your own robot, unearthing fossils and best of all, taking the controls of an airplane during a one-on-one supervised flight.

We are thrilled to be able to offer one of the most outstanding accessible STEM programs being offered in the USA at this time. Award winning WhizKidz will offer a camp within a camp during our Youth Session and it will be a session your kids will not forget.

When: July 15 through 18

Where: Enchanted Hills Camp for the Blind

Parents and guardians who wish to register their children for the TouchSTEM program can do so on the supplemental section which is included on the Youth Session application.

Find out more about our TouchSTEM session at bit.ly/lhtouchstem2015.

***

Blind Music Academy Returns to Enchanted Hills

Do you sing or play an instrument? Are you serious about your music? After a hugely successful debut in 2014, the LightHouse will partner for a second year with Dancing Dots, the world's leading provider of accessible music technology for the blind, to bring our summertime music academy back to the redwoods. The academy is open to young, motivated blind and visually-impaired musicians from around the nation who are 14 to 25 years old.

Once again, Bill McCann, President and Founder of Dancing Dots will spend the entire week with aspiring musicians. McCann, blind himself, will lead a team of four blind instructors and technicians to teach the latest and greatest techniques for blind and low-vision students.

When: Monday, August 3 through Sunday, August 9

Where: Enchanted Hills Camp for the Blind, Napa

Read more about Music Academy at bit.ly/musicacademy2015.

***

Now You Can Saddle Up and Learn How to Ride and Take Care of Horses at New Special Camp Session

Do you love to ride? This summer at Enchanted Hills we're debuting our Horse Camp, where you'll learn how to take care of and work safely with horses. This session is for blind or visually impaired riders, ages 16 through 24 who have had some experience riding.

When: Monday, August 3 through Sunday, August 9

Where: Enchanted Hills Camp for the Blind near Napa, California

Learn more about Horse Camp at bit.ly/horsecamp2015.