[Perform-talk] What are people using for pro level virtual insturments and sound libraries?

Cameron Strife cameron at cameronstrife.com
Wed May 27 20:00:20 UTC 2015

Hi all. I have ivory 2 for my acoustic piano needs, steven slate ssd4
for drums, and Omnisphere v1, (which I don't have working yet with hsc
unfortunetly. A friend of mine helped me select some patches so I do
it that way for the time being)

Anyways, I'm looking for a high quality library to cover all the
bases;electronic drums, orchestral, percussion, world instruments etc.
Like a general sound set but minus the cheese... Has anybody worked
with east west Goliath, or, NI Komplete with or without the Ni
Komplete controller?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Failing those suggestions, any other recommendations for high quality
general sound sets for serious tv, film, and video game work? The two
above seem to be industry standard, however, I don't want to drop a
bunch of cash on either or both of them and not even be able to access
presets let alone anything else. I also have a mackie control
universal pro so that's an option if it would help at all...

Finally, has anybody tried out Omnisphere 2? The demos are amazing but
would hsc work with the interface for this new version? Even though
the upgrade is quite a bit of coin, however, I think it's worth it as
the new patches sound awesome and I haven't even heard that many of
the thousands that it contains.

Thanks,

Cameron.