[Perform-Talk] Member introductions.

Jordy Stringer jordystringer83 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 15:05:01 UTC 2015

Salutations all, I hope this message finds you all doing well.
I'd like to reintroduce myself to the community as a member of the division.
My name is Jordy Stringer. I am a public speaker and educator by profession, and stage performer by hobby.
Began performing in stage plays at age 12, and continued through my years in high school. I began playing in the jazz band in 1997, and continued through 2007. When I first began playing music, I played trombone. It was pretty quickly discovered that I have no talent for wind instruments, and tried my hand at percussion, and was so much better. I continue to play percussion even after graduating high school collegiately in Columbus Ohio with multiple orchestral combinations, but found that public speaking was more my style. I began lecturing at the university level into thousand five, and have continued that as both a professional and personal hobby for the last decade. I have lectured at university such as, the Ohio State University, Indiana University, Purdue University, University of Ohio, Columbus State community college, and others. I find lecturing on disability for me exciting, and for the audience typically a life-changing experience. We get to see a person in front of them who has a disability, yet is not broken at all. I discuss topics that include employment, education, and general statistics and information about blindness. Often after lectures and I'm asked what inspired me to do what I do. I always love this question, because I began to talk about the national Federation of the blind and what it does for me and other blind Americans. Any chance I get to discuss anything federation related is one ICs with gusto. I can't even articulate how rewarding it is. I appreciate anyone who reads this and look forward to chatting with all of you in the future.
My name is Jordy d Stringer and I happen to be blind, but  one of the coolest, and most handsome men  you would ever care to neet!
 from the iPhone of Jordy D. Stringer