[Perform-Talk] Introduction

Julie McGinnity kaybaycar at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 02:25:45 UTC 2015

Hi everyone,

I hope you've all had a wonderful weekend.  I wanted to officially
introduce myself to you as I am now serving as the president of the
Performing Arts Division of the National Federation of the Blind.

Although I have been in the Performing Arts Division for a few years
now, many of you may only know me as the talent show lady, or you may
not know me at all.  Let's fix that, shall we.  :)

I am currently in my last semester of graduate school at the
University of Missouri (Yes, the Tigers.), where I study vocal
performance.  I am told that if I play my cards right, I will earn
myself a little masters degree in December.  My home town is St.
Louis, Missouri, where I grew up and studied vocal performance and
German at Webster University.

I am classically trained and enjoy singing French, German, and
American art song.  I have performed in operas, such as Suor Angelica
and the Crucible, and have held exciting rolls in opera scenes, such
as Blanch in Dialogues of the Carmalites, Agathe in Der Freischutz,
and (currently) Arabella in Arabella.  I am a Christian, and I have
been singing in church choirs and as a church soloist for the past ten
years.  I sing contemporary Christian music as well as in other styles
of church music.  Learning languages is one of the loves of my life;
I've studied German, French, and Italian.  I also teach voice and work
for my university's Adaptive Computing Technology Center.  Feel free
to follow me on FB if you may be entertained by the dramatic spectical
that is my life.

The NFB of Missouri is my affiliate federation family.  I serve as
second vice president of my state as well as president of our state
guide dog division.  I also served a term on the board of the National
Association of Guide Dog Users.  Most of my experience lies in
coordinating fundraising efforts and planning and leading seminars.

I have a 24-hour policy for responding to emails.  If you send me an
email with a question or comment related to the division, I will get
back to you within 24 hours, unless there is some sort of emergency.
If for some reason I cannot respond to you, our vice president,
Katelyn MacIntyre, will get back to you in my place.  I will also be
moderating this list.  I'll put my email address at the bottom of this
message.

Thanks for reading!

Email: kaybaycar at gmail.com

--
Julie A. McGinnity
President, National Federation of the Blind Performing Arts Division,