[Perform-Talk] need some ideas

Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter bkpollpeter at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 17:35:52 UTC 2016

Sandra,

Here's some thoughts:

1. Any forms and written info can be done electronically. If you have access to a tablet or computer with accessibility, then just do registration and other forms electronically. Spreadsheets work well for account/payment info.

2. Attendance is easy as well. Either do electronically again, or use Braille (if you use it). If someone else needs the attendance, just transcribe it later for them.

3. Cash can be counted with an iBill or app on phone/tablet. The app available on iPhones is pretty fast. My husband uses it for his business, and he counts through several hundreds of dollars quickly. For checks, because of the hand-written element, you may need assistance, but for the donation form, again, just do it electronically and email to treasurer.

4. Once you have written down donations/sponsorships either electronically or with Braille (or if print works for you) then you can just check to the electronic form to compare.

5. Information can be emailed to those needing it, or of course, you can communicate verbally. Keep track of who needs what, have an email/text list, and as info needs to be distributed, send to proper people. You can also keep a list you bring to each meeting/rehearsal and verbally communicate to necessary people at that time. You can always print off info ahead of time and distribute to necessary people as well so they have a hard-copy note.

6. Most of what you list here, and things I can think of, can be accomplished with Braille and/or electronic means.

Good luck. Sounds like a great opportunity.

Bridgit